Friday, March 25, 2016

Review: Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor - Devotion, Addiction, Obsession

Hey guys! A few weeks back I posted an Ulta haul where I purchased these Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors. I picked up three because they were buy 2, get 1 free and I was pretty intrigued with these as I had heard mixed reviews. After trying them a few times, it' safe to say that I do like them!

According to Revlon:

Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lip Color is a lightweight, high definition, matte color with a moisturizing velvety feel.

Some of the benefits of these lip colors are:

- 100% wax-free, gel formula
- Plush velvety applicator
- Creamy mango and whipped vanilla fragrance
- Many high definition shades to love

What I absolutely love about the Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors is the applicator. It's thicker towards the base, and tapers to a point which makes it super easy to apply. The formula of these lip colors are very soft, and they definitely are a gel formula as stated above. The color selection could be a little better in my opinion. 

I picked up the shades Devotion, Addiction and Obsession. Devotion is a medium pink-y mauve shade, Devotion is a pretty berry fuchsia, and Obsession is a hot pink that kinda scares me, and I still have yet to try it honestly. 

I absolutely adore the shade Devotion! For me and my skin tone, it's the perfect everyday nude shade. It goes on smoothly and isn't patchy. The first time I tried Addiction, I had some issues. It was very streaky and clung on to all my dry patches. One tip I have with these is to make sure your lips are exfoliated and prepped with a waxy lip balm, like EOS or the Jack Black balms in the blue tube. I tried Addiction another day when I wasn't so frustrated and my lips were less dry, and it went on so much better. The color is beyond gorgeous and is perfect for Fall and Winter, but you can of course rock it any time of year! These aren't a true matte as others have said, but over time, they do dry down. Work in very thin layers, and it goes completely matte on me within about 30 minutes. Since they don't go completely matte for a little while, it makes this formula feel very hydrating on the lips, and they stay hydrated throughout the day, unlike other brands that make my lips super dry. They aren't transfer resistant either, but I'm not so bothered by that.

Now for the scent. I've seen reviews where people cannot stand it and unfortunately, I'm also one of those people. If they took out the mango and just left it as straight vanilla, I'd be happier. That being said, once applied, you can't smell it. 

Overall, I really do like these! You can go overboard with applying too much at once, but like any liquid lipstick, it takes practice and patience to get it right. These retail for $8.99, and I find that to be a fair price considering you really need a small amount to get an opaque finish. If you can get past the weird scent, are willing to be patient while applying, and don't mind it being not completely matte, I think you would like these alot!

Have you tried the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolors? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)