Monday, March 21, 2016

Review: Catrice Cosmetics Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in What Do You Sea?

Hey guys! If you read about my most recent Ulta haul, you know I picked up the Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in the shade What Do You Sea?. It's such a gorgeous color and I couldn't wait to try it out. I do have some opinions on it, so lets see what I thought.

On the Ulta website:

Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow dazzles eyes with high pigmentation and extraordinary metallic shine. Reminiscent of liquid metal, this silky powder is sure to make your eyes shine instantly. The unique 3D embossment turns this eyeshadow into an absolute highlight. The texture is smooth, easy to blend, and long-lasting. Mix and match to create brilliant metallic looks. Not tested on animals.

Each eyeshadow costs $4.99, and you can find them only at Ulta!

I absolutely adore this deeper green shade with a hint of blue in it. It looks so beautiful in the pan, but unfortunately, that's where my love for this stops. The metallic sheen you see is an overspray, and once swatched, it becomes this deep teal shade with a hint of shimmer, which is still a beautiful color. 



The swatch is decent, but it is a bit powdery. It's a little hard to apply with a brush, and gets patchy if you're not careful. I tried correcting that by dampening my brush after picking up some color, thinking it would make it look better, but that made it ten times worse. It became even more patchy and I couldn't correct it by that point, so I had to remove it completely with makeup remover. It's not all that metallic and provides a good bit of fallout no matter what I did to prevent it. Even after using an eyeshadow primer and setting it with powder, the Liquid Metal Eyeshadow creases on me within about 4 hours. 

I'm a bit sad that this eyeshadow didn't work for me because the color is truly gorgeous. It just doesn't translate well to the eyes. Maybe this shade is just off, so I'd be willing to try one of the more neutral ones and see if that works better, since they are just $5. 

Have you tried these eyeshadows? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)