Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 2016 Ipsy Bag: Hello Spring

Hi everyone! I just got my Ipsy bag in the mail today, so I figured I'd take pictures while I still had enough light and share what I got! I was excited for my bag this month after looking at sneak peeks of what I would be receiving. So lets see what I got!

*Ipsy link is an affiliate code*
The theme this month is Hello Spring, and the bag I received is pretty, but not something I'd normally go for. I heard there were different colors to the bags being sent out, and mine is just meh. I'll probably end up giving it away. 

The first product I got is the Vera Mona Lotus Eyeshadow in the shade Clover. I'm sorry I didn't think to open it up and show the color, but it's a very pretty, shimmery peachy coral shade. It seems like a perfect color for Spring, and I can't wait to play with it!

Next up is the Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Smoothing Cream. Dear lord, is that a mouthful! Anyway, I feel like I've gotten Marc Anthony products in the last few bags, so I'm a bit over it, but I will give this a go. It seems like I can use this as maybe a leave-in conditioner, so hopefully I'll like it. 

I was so excited to find out I would be receiving a NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick, and three different shades were sent out. I ended up with the ridiculous shade Pink Lust. I got so excited, I had to try it on right when I opened the bag, and I hate to report that I so don't like this at all! I look like a cartoon character with this on, and it's dry and flaky. It could be user error on my part, and I may have put on too much. I'll play around with this and report back. 

I had heard of the brand Me me me very briefly in the past, but had never tried anything from them. Getting brushes in my Ipsy bags always makes me happy, and I got their Loose Powder Brush. I don't know if it's just me, but this brush seems awfully small to be a powder brush. I'd probably use it for highlighting or setting concealer under my eyes. It is a very soft brush, and I'm happy to add it to my ever growing brush collection. 

The last product I received is the Pixi Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold. I've tried a few products from the Pixi brand and haven't been let down much. This duo looks so freaking beautiful and perfect for my skin tone. I haven't swatched it yet, but I cannot wait to play with it! 

That's everything I got! Other than the NYX product being a possible dud, I'm very happy once again with everything. If you want your own Ipsy glam bag, I'd love it if you used my referral link here! every month you receive 5 deluxe sized, and at times full sized products, for just $10 a month, plus shipping for some. These bags are usually pretty amazing, and I learn about new brands I had never heard of before. 

If you're already subscribed to Ipsy, what did you get in your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)