Sunday, June 7, 2015

Review: Too Faced Sugar Pop Eye Palette

Hi guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Too Faced Sugar Pop Palette. I was one the fence alot with this and at first didn't want it. I eventually caved back in April during the Sephora VIB sale. 

Here is some info on the palette, taken from Sephora:

What it is:
A colorful palette of nine shimmer and glitter eye shadows in vanilla, chocolate, and candy-inspired hues.

What it does:
Put eyes in the spotlight with this colorful palette of nine enticing, shimmer and glitter shadows in vanilla, chocolate, and candy-inspired hues. Create limitless, irresistible eye looks with this French macaroon-inspired palette that features exclusive, rich pure pigmented eye shadows that impart lids with rich color. Perfectly blendable, these silky-smooth formulas blend on effortlessly for an airbrushed effect. Plus, this palette includes step-by-step Instructions in Too Faced’s signature Glamour Guide, with three must-try eye looks.  



The colors are beautiful and perfect for Spring and Summer. Underneath the guide booklet is a small but useable mirror. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of it! It's got a magnetic closure, but it's not very strong, so I personally would be wary of traveling with it.


Swatches of the first row, Sweet & Spicy:

- Rock Candy is a matte base with glitter throughout light, creamy peach shade
- Macaron is a darker more intense shimmery peach shade
- Malted Milk Ball is a shimmery medium brown shade


Swatches of the second row, Sugar Plums:

- Strawberry Ice is an almost matte, satin like finish cool toned light pink leaning a little into a lilac shade
- Sugared Violet is a beautiful shimmery blue/purple shade
- Blackberry is a matte dark purple, almost brown shade

Swatches of the third row, Candy Coated:

- Peach Fuzz is a matte base with glitter, light peach shade
- Bubblegum is also a matte base with glitter, hot pink shade
- Blue Raspberry is a satin finish, almost a seafoam blue shade

Overall, I'm a big fan of this palette. I find the shades to be pigmented, but not too pigmented to where you can't control them. They swatch pretty evenly and apply on the eye well. I always use a primer so I can't say how they apply without one. With a primer, they do last quite a while on my eyes, about 6 or 7 hours before I notice any creasing or fading. The shades that have a matte base with glitter are interesting. The glitter particles don't show up on my skin at all, which is kinda odd. I'm usually not one for a ton of color, but I really have been enjoying this palette! You can make some pretty neutral looks too, which is more up my alley. I like that they give you a little guide for looks, but I like having fun mixing the color scheme.

This palette costs $36, and you can find it at Sephora, Ulta and the Too Faced website.

Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)