Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Review: MicaBeauty Eye Primer

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Mica Beauty Eye Primer that I received in a previous Ipsy bag. I love eyeshadow primers, so I was pretty excited to try it!

Taken from the Mica beauty website:

Use MicaBeauty Eye Primer to seal in Eye Shadows and Foundation, enhancing your all-day look. Go from shimmer to matte in just seconds. This waterproof formula provides the perfect foundation for a long lasting, smudge proof look that is designed for your active lifestyle. MicaBeauty Eye Primer helps even out skin tone as well as extends and intensifies your mineral eye shadows, without creasing, smearing, or fading.

Now even though the description says it's to be used with mineral shadows, I figured it would just be like any other primer/base that can be used with any eyeshadow. The product feels nice to the touch, it's soft and a bit creamy, but once applied to the lid, it feels very dry and goes on a bit patchy for me. I do like that it's a skin-tone shade, so it does help with any discoloration or redness on the lids. I do notice I have to set this with a powder first before I apply any shadows or my brush will stick to one spot. I notice my shadows look more vibrant while applying them to my lids, but that's really where it ends for me. This did absolutely nothing in terms of making my shadows last. I had creasing within just a couple hours. I tried using less of this product, applying it with a brush instead of fingers, everything I could. The only way that I can seem to get this to work is if I apply a Maybelline Color Tattoo over the top of this, then my shadow lasts all day. However, that just isn't very practical for if I'm in a rush. 

I couldn't believe the price tag of this product, a whopping $44.95 for 8 grams of product. This pot is 4 grams so that's about $22.50. There is no way I would EVER pay that much for a primer/base, especially since it doesn't work for me. $45?! Come on, that's just ridiculous! There are much better primers out there for alot less money. 

Have you tried this product before?

3 comments:

  1. Wow I'm definitely not trying out this eye primer!! It sounds awful!! I'm always on the look out for a new one as my oily lids are the bane of my life, but this is obviously not the one.

    Polka Dot Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculously expensive! I couldn't believe the price when I saw it. I thought it was a typo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when they sent this out, there was a big hub-bub because the formula was bubbly and looked discolored -- that's kind of a big red flag, if they finalized a product without thoroughly testing! When I actually used it, it was okay, but really thick and dry. Yeah, totally a dud.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)