Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Review: L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2

Hi guys! Today I'm going to finally be giving my review on the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2. I was so excited to see a palette type product enter the drugstore, and my taste leaned more towards this second one.




Here is a description of the palette taken from the L'Oreal site:

Inspired by makeup designers 'Must Have' palettes, the La Palette Nude offers everything you need to master the art of nude eyeshadow. Makeup Designer Nude looks curated exclusively for each palette with step by step instructions and live tutorials. 10 highly pigmented shades range from light to dark to flatter every skin tone in 3 shadow finishes: shimmery satin, buttery matte & lustrous sheen.

Eye-designer brush & mirror for effortless application 


This palette retails for $19.99, but I have seen them at Walmart for around $15. I had purchased mine at Ulta when there was no sale, but I had a 20% off coupon, so that brought it down to about $15.


The palette is made from plastic and has a sturdy snap closure. The mirror at the top is kinda small for my liking, but it's still usable. I absolutely love how the back of the palette has different shadow combos you can use, since it can be helpful for people just starting out in makeup. The shades are labeled 1-10, but I wish they had names. 


Swatches of shades 1-5. I love this half of the palette because you can create simple, everyday looks. Shades 1, 2 and 5 are shimmery, while 3 and 4 are matte.


Swatches of shades 6-10. These shades can be used for more smoky, nighttime looks. The only shimmery shade in this section is shade 7, the rest are matte. 

What I really appreciate with this palette is the amount of matte shades there are! Out of the 10 shades, there are 6 mattes, which I find pretty awesome. A few of the shades were chalky while I was swatching them, but for me, they applied to the eyes nicely. With a primer, they last a good 5 to 6 hours before I notice any creasing or fading. With a base over primer, they last all day long, no joke! I find them to blend alright, they can get muddy if you're not careful, but I end up with a pretty look still. I somehow misplaced the brush that came with it, but I won't miss it if it's totally lost. I find the $20 price point to be a bit high but if you wait for a sale and use coupons, you can get it fairly cheap. One review I read, this girl got hers for under $8! Compared to the first one, this one seems way more cool toned, and I'm a big fan of purples which is why I chose it. I'm happy with the way it performs for me and I do think it's a nice palette. Do you need this? If you have a ton of palettes like I do, probably not, but I like it, find it to be a decent drugstore palette, and have reached for it alot.

Have you tried this palette, or the first one? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)