Friday, June 12, 2015

My Tips On Getting the Ultimate Summer Glow!

Hey everyone! with Summer coming up pretty fast, you want your skin to be in the best shape possible. You'll want to wear more dresses and shorts, and probably less makeup as well. Today I wanted to share some of my tips for gorgeous, glowing Summer skin!

You're probably thinking it's odd that I'm showing a bottle of lemon juice, but lemon is great for your skin! You can make you're own face scrub by using a bit of lemon juice with baking soda, or bits of salt as a body scrub. My favorite way of using lemon juice is by adding it to my water. I always buy cases of bottled water at the grocery store, but usually don't drink alot because of the bland taste. Lemons are said to be high in Vitamin C, B-complex Vitamins, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, and Fiber. You probably get better effects when you buy lemons and squeeze them yourself, but who has the time for that? Lemon has so many different benefits such as aiding in digestion, boosting your immune system, helping fight viral infections, and it helps keep your skin blemish free! Everyone wants blemish free skin, right?


My next tip is taking a fish oil supplement, or eating salmon. My husband is not a fan of salmon (or fish in general), but once in a while I'll get some for myself. Salmon, especially wild caught instead of farm-raised, is a miracle for your skin and general health because of the Omega-3 fatty acids it contains. It helps maintain brain health, can protect skin from sunburn, helps reduce depression, and protects your body against Free Radicals. Since I don't usually have salmon in my fridge, I turn to these Nature Made Fish Oil capsules which have 360 mg of Omega-3's. If I had it my way, I'd be eating salmon about 3-4 times a week, but it can be expensive. For healthy recipes, you can check out Aloha, which can help you make good-for-you, but yummy meals!


My last tip is adding skincare products with Vitamin C into your routine. My favorite way to get vitamin C in is through serums. My two favorites have been the Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum, and the Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that slows the rate of free radical damage. Free radicals are molecules that damage collagen and cause dryness, fine lines and wrinkles. I know no body wants that! Because Vitamin C helps boost collagen in your skin over time, it will help to plump up your skin making it look more even, hydrated, and less wrinkled. If you're acne prone like myself, when you add Vitamin C to your skincare, you may break out a bit at first. Stick with it though, it goes away!

Since I started using these tips myself, I have noticed a big improvement in my skin. I can especially tell the difference with the lemon water because it's helping to get nasty stuff out of my system (aka, going to the bathroom alot) and my skin looks healthier and just feels better overall.

What are some of your tips for healthy, glowing skin? I would love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I have to remember to get back to my lemon water, it's such a great detox! My favourite vitamin c serum is cellex c but it's expensive so I usually use Sibu sea buckthorn oil. Thanks for the reminder to start using that again also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try something from Sibu! It seems like a great line.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)