Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 2015 Ipsy Bag

Hi guys! I finally have received my Ipsy bag this month, after realizing how late it was getting. At first I wasn't really paying attention because alot is going on at the moment, but then others were posting what they got in their bags. I received mine yesterday, which is fairly late for me, but at least it didn't get lost in transit! Anyways, lets see what I got this month, as I have mixed feelings about it.

The theme this month is called Swim into Beauty, so to me that means these products will be waterproof/good for Summertime use when everyone sweats more. I really actually like the bag everything came in. It's really soft and has a waterproof feel to it. It's got a bright neon orange zipper, which I could do without since I'm not the biggest fan of orange. I see myself carrying this around with me if I ever go swimming or for travel. 

The first product I got is a trio of BioRepublic Skincare Sheet Masks in the scents Green Tea Detox, Cucumber Breeze, and Aloe Rescue. I haven't had luck with sheet masks in the past, but I will try these and see how they are. I'm trying to revamp my skincare and be more aware of the ingredients in products I'm using, and these seem to pass my test. 

The next product is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I've gotten a ton of these samples before, and I can't quite remember if I ever got one in an Ipsy bag. Ipsy promises to give you new products with each bag without any repeats, but if this one is a repeat for me, it's ok because I can always use a good primer. 

Next up is the J. Cat beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain, and I have no idea what the shade name is because the two colors they sent out look so similar, and the name is nowhere on the packaging. In any case, it's a pretty color and smells minty, which I do enjoy. 

The next product is the Ofra Eyeliner in the shade Turquoise. This is a pretty color but when I was swatching it, it felt pretty dry so I'm not sure if I will get use out of it. 

The last product I got is the tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon in the shade Kona Coffee. This is a gorgeous dark brown color and it swatches beautifully. I'm pretty excited to use this as a base underneath different eyeshadows. 

Swatches of lip stain, eyeliner and eyeshadow crayon
That's everything this month! Overall, I do have mixed feeling about this bag. I like the eye crayon, lip stain shade, and the Smashbox primer, but I'm waiting for that one bag where I absolutely love everything!

If you want to subscribe to Ipsy, feel free to use my referral link here. You get a cute bag with 4-5 deluxe sized samples, sometimes full size, for only $10 a month, plus shipping for some.

If you're already subscribed, what did you get this month?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't figure out which lip stain they sent! It's nowhere to be found on the packaging! That Kona brown shade looks gorgeous, too. I got the Venetian Gold, which is a bit softer, so I'm still happy. Just got my review up, too -- bags were late this month!


    Elizabeth
    www.episeofcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad it wasn't as good as you hoped, i do love the smashbox primer though :)


    avecdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)