Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013 Favorites!

It's time for another favorites post, and I really can't believe how fast the year is going by! I know everyone says that but seriously, we're already almost half way through the year! Plus, there's only four more months until I'm married. Eeekk! Anyways, enough of my ramblings, and onto my favorites!

My first favorite this past month has been the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser. I've been using this in the morning, obviously, and I like how it actually seems to be controlling the oiliness I get throughout my day. It's not a miracle cleanser by any means, but it makes my skin feel clean and shine free, but not dried out.

My next favorite has been my Sigma P88 Precision Flat Angled Brush. I feel like I've raved about this too much already and I did a full review here if you wanted to read it. Since I already did a review on it, I won't go into much detail here as it may take up this whole post!

Next up is the Aussie Split-End Protector. I've been using this as a leave-in conditioner just on the last 4 to 5 inches of my hair. I did recently get a haircut and I colored it myself, so I'm trying to take care of it the best I can. I hate split ends and as my hair gets longer, it always gets worse whether I get a haircut or not. I've only been using this for about two weeks now and so far it's been awesome! I love how it smells and it makes my hair alot easier to comb and brush through.

Inked in Pink (top) Seashore Frosts (bottom)
My next two favorites have been Maybelline Color Tattoos in the colors Inked in Pink and the coveted Seashore Frosts. I love Inked in Pink when I don't want to put alot of fuss into my look, but still want a nice wash of color on my lids. This color is great underneath a shimmery, champagne colored shadow as well. 

Seashore Frosts. Oh boy have I heard some amazing things about this Color Tattoo! When I read a bunch of rave reviews on this, I knew I had to have it. I went to three different stores looking for it and finally found the last two of this color at Rite Aid mixed in with the regular line. This color for some reason wasn't in the limited edition display. When I saw two of these bad boys hiding, I grabbed them so quick and squealed a little, that's how excited I was. My fiance looked at me like I was nuts, and I probably am! Like I said, I bought the last two they had and I'm not sure what I'll do with the unopened one I have yet.

This next favorite I'm a little happy/sad about. I'm happy I found the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer because it's truly an amazing concealer for the dark circles I have under my eyes. I'm sad because I've heard too many times that this is getting discontinued. I should've known when I saw that this was discounted at 50% off at Walgreen's. I heard alot of amazing things about this concealer through Youtube and figured I'd give it a try. I found the last one of the lightest shade and it's perfect for me.

Color Whisper (left) Lip Butter (right)
My last two favorites are lip products. The first one is the Maybelline Color Whisper in the color Cherry on Top, and the second is a Revlon Lip Butter in the color Sorbet. I love pink lip products whether they be glosses or balms. I'm not the biggest fan of lipsticks, which is why I love these. Both are very moisturizing and have a balmy texture to them. The colors look very similar but Sorbet is a bit deeper. I also love how you can wear these sheer or layer them on your lips to make the color pop more.

9 comments:

  1. Great favs. I love the Aussie line of hair products especially the moist line and I love the Maybelline lip butters, I have a few but my fav shade is called lollipop.

    I found your blog on the blog hop :)

    my link is http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the only lip butter I have. I didn't really join in on the craze when they came out. I do love this one though!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog through the "Meet me on the bright side" Beauty Blog Hop. Really enjoy it. I'll make sure to follow.

    I really like the Aussie Split-End Protector. Nice post. :)

    x Linda
    http://lindaflorentine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try that Olay and Covergirl concealer! :) I better be quick before it gets discontinued then!

    Would love for you to enter my giveaway! xx
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me now if you find it! I'm trying to look everywhere trying to grab another one.

      Delete
  4. I love the color tattoo eyeshadows. I actually did a blog post on it today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'll be sure to check it out! They're wonderful products

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)