Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Yes to Tomatoes Acne Daily Pore Scrub

Hey guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing a face scrub that I've been testing out, and it's the Yes to Tomatoes Acne Daily Pore Scrub. I've been trying to be really good about exfoliating my skin because it's getting way warmer here and I'm turning into a big greaseball, which means I tend to break out more. I always have to make sure my pores are as clear as possible so I don't break out, which is why I like scrubs like these!

My first gripe about this is that it says it's a DAILY pore scrub, but I find it way too harsh to be used everyday! Seriously, this contains little bits of bamboo stem as the exfoliator which to my skin it pretty harsh. I've only been able to use this once or twice a week at most. My second and last gripe about this is that it's a bit hard to rinse off. It leaves a bit of a film on your skin if you don't rinse it off very well, but I always follow up with a toner after using this, and that helps quite a bit. 

Now onto some positives! This contains 2% salicylic acid, which helps to clear your pores and fight acne. Also, there is tomato extract in it, and the lycopene in the tomatoes helps block pore clogging impurities, which is a big plus! I've read reviews that people don't like the smell, and I'm no different. Come on though, it's made of tomatoes. Tomatoes smell awful in their normal form! I can't stand how they taste either, but that's beside the point. Overall, it just doesn't smell great. 

Has this product helped my skin? In all honesty, no. I'm still very oily, I'm actually going through a few nasty breakouts right now and I don't really notice this clearing out my pores. I do, however, notice that my skin feels a bit softer after I use this, but that's about it. I don't really like that it leaves a film on my skin either. I'm not super sad about this not working because I bought it at Walmart and I had a $2 off coupon for it, so it only cost me a little under $5. No big deal. I'd love to try out more products from the Yes to line, but I definitely won't be repurchasing this scrub.

Have you tried this scrub before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)