Tuesday, September 4, 2012

How to Treat Your Body Skin: Body Scrubs

Like body washes, there are tons of choices for body scrubs as well. Personally, I love all kinds of body scrubs, whether they have super fine grains in them or big chunks of sugar or salt. It's super important to exfoliate your body because like your facial skin, you don't want a buildup of dead skin that clogs your pores, so it's good to exfoliate your body 1 to 3 times a week depending on your skin.

Now, I love a good scrub with salt or sugar in it. Mostly because it makes my skin really, really soft plus the sugar and salt dissolves once it gets the job done, which helps prevent irritation. Philosophy used to have amazing hot salt scrubs but for some reason they don't make them anymore. Seriously, they were the absolute best and like typical Philosophy, they smelled incredible. So, because I can't find those scrubs anymore, I mainly use the ones from The Body Shop. The absolute best one they have, in my opinion, is the Shea Body Scrub. All of their products are natural and this is made from organic sugar and salt grains. It's also got organic soy oil in it which is an essential fatty acid that helps repair skin to make it soft and smooth. It also smells really good too. The body Shop has so many different scented scrubs to choose from, so go to a store if you have one and smell all of them to see which one you like. Another good one is the Coconut Body Scrub. Obviously I love the smell, but it's not as exfoliating as the shea scrub. The grains in it are very small, and honestly I'm not even 100% sure what the little grains are made of, but it's definitely not salt or sugar. This scrub is a lot more gentle so if the skin on your body is sensitive, this is a good option. Looking in my closet, the scrubs from The Body Shop are the only ones I have now, that's how much I love them. 

I gotta admit, I am not really a fan of drugstore body scrubs, mostly because I can never really find them! Seriously, every time I'm at Walmart or Target I can never find a single scrub I want to try. One lone scrub I have found to be pretty nice is Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub. I love the body wash version of this too and it's actually in my shower right now. I sometimes get acne on my body, especially with how hot it's been this summer. I haven't used this scrub in a while but I believe the scrub particles in this are just synthetic beads, which does help exfoliate, but it can be a little harsher on the skin depending on how big the particles are. It does have salicylic acid in it, which helps to clear out your pores and heal acne though, which is the nice thing and i remember it not smelling bad either. 

Hopefully this post helped. I know it's not very long, nor did it mention many products. I am very particular with the body scrubs I use and I just haven't come across many that I liked but everyone should still look around at different products to see what catches your eye. I will definitely stay loyal to The Body Shop because they make such wonderful products. Anyways, I'll talk to everyone in my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)