Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Nighttime Skincare Routine

Today I'm going to be going over my nighttime skincare routine. Some people may think I use a lot of products but this is how I've been doing my routine since I was a teenager so I'm used to a lot of steps. So lets get started! 

First I start off with my Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser. I'm still on the fence with if I like it or not. It's very liquidy which I don't particularly care for, but I can get it to foam up alright. I have had this cleanser for quite a while so I don't remember if when I bought it, it was a thicker consistency or not. It's an okay cleanser though. Doesn't smell too bad and rinses off nicely. I haven't noticed if it's helped with any blemishes I've gotten and I probably won't repurchase, although I do love other Juice Beauty products. I use this when I'm in the shower, sometimes with my Clarisonic as well. 

After my cleanser, I follow up with The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner. I absolutely love this cleanser and I have no idea how many I've repurchased over the years. This toner will be replacing my tea tree toner soon that I use in the morning because of the changing weather and this definitely keeps my skin more hydrated in the cooler months. I think I've mentioned before that there are only six ingredients in this, so in my opinion, there is no reason for this to have any kind of bad reaction on your skin. It is a very basic toner, so if you like more bells and whistles, you might not like this. Another really nice thing I found is if you stick it in the fridge, it feels amazing when you put it on a cotton pad to rub on your face, especially if you've gotten sunburned. I think this will be a staple in my skincare routine for a long time.

After I put on my toner, I use Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion. This stuff is particularly good of you suffer from super clogged pores and blackheads like I do. It also comes in a gel and liquid form depending on what skin type you have. Now I know the lotion says it's for dry skin on the website, but I bought this when my skin was going through a dry spell, but I just want to use it up because I hate wasting product. I have to say, since I started using this, my skin has gotten a lot softer and my blackheads have diminished quite a bit as well. I'm always going to have blackheads no matter what I do, but as long as I can control them a bit, I'm okay with that.

Now for the next step, I actually mix these two products together. They are The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum and Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. I just put half a pea sized blob on my hand of each, rub my hands together and put all over my face, neck and chest. With all lotions, serums and creams I use, I always bring them down my neck and chest because you have to take care of that skin too. I am in love with the aloe serum. It's got no smell and it really helps calm down any redness I get. The blemish lotion I like, but I don't love it. I love the smell of tea tree in general, but this product has an overwhelming tea tree smell. Sometimes, I'll even skip the tea tree lotion and just use the serum. I do like that this lotion hasn't done anything bad to my skin though. It hasn't broken me out and it's not overly heavy, but it is definitely a night lotion like the name says. 

Lastly, I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream. This is a very simple, but nice eye cream that helps hydrate my eyes when they're feeling a little dry. I definitely prefer a heavier eye cream at night to help hydrate and protect the skin around my eyes as I sleep. Even if you have oily facial or eye skin, I always say use some heavier products at night because they'll help keep your skin nice and it heals and protects your skin better than lighter products would. That is my opinion though and what I've noticed for my skin. Some people may break out from using heavier products, so just be careful.

There you have it! That's my night time skincare routine that I'm currently using. Definitely by the time it gets colder outside, my routine will change so I'll be doing an updated routine probably in a few months. Talk to you all later! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post! its intresting that you mix them because I've never done that before, maybe I'll try it. :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I've always done it too. For me, it saves time because I don't have to layer everything on in separate steps

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)