Saturday, November 7, 2015

Review: Sugarpill Cosmetics Edward Scissorhands Palette

Hi everyone! When I heard that the brand Sugarpill Cosmetics was coming out with an eyeshadow palette based on the movie Edward Scissorhands, I almost flipped out! This year marks its 25th anniversary, and now I feel really old. That movie has been one of my all-time favorites since I was a little girl, plus Johnny Depp is in it, so who wouldn't like it? I've never tried the Sugarpill brand before, but I've always heard good things about them!

I absolutely love the packaging of this palette. It's nice and slim, made of cardboard, and it has designs reminding me of the movie. It came in it's own cardboard sleeve as well, which kinda is a waste if you ask me. It also has a strong magnetic closure, which makes it good for travel. 


I appreciate that this comes with its own mirror, and the size of the pans are pretty huge. You get a whopping 0.8 ounces of product per pan, which really is alot if you think about it and they'll last you forever. Onto some swatches!



Home Sweet Home: matte powder blue
Ice Angel: silvery white with iridescent blue sheen
The Inventor: creamy metallic gunmetal
Suburbia: flirty matte coral
Heart-Shaped Cookie: soft matte beige
Castle on the Hill: deep stone brown


For some reason, I wasn't as impressed with the swatches as I originally thought I was going to be. Every review I've seen has said how pigmented Sugarpill shadows are, but since I had never tried the brand before, I don't have anything to compare this to. On the eyes, they perform and blend well as long as I use a good primer. The colors are beautiful to look at in the pan, but overall I'm a bit underwhelmed, sadly. 




The palette on its own costs $36, and is currently sold out on the Sugarpill website, but it says it'll be coming back soon, and it'll be the final shipment, so make sure you keep checking the site if you really want to get your hands on this. I purchased mine off of the Beautylish site, but I'm not certain if it'll come back there or not. 

Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)