Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Review: Curel Itch Defense

*Disclosure* Products reviewed were sent complimentary thanks to Influenster. All opinions are 100% honest and my own, like always!

Hi guys! I received an Influenster VoxBox of the Curel Itch Defense Body Wash and Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray. It's been quite a while since I've gotten a VoxBox so I was pretty excited to get this, as Winter is coming (said in Jon Snow's voice) in just a couple short months, and my skin needs all the help it can get!

Here is a description of the body wash and the lotion:

Body Wash- With hydrating jojoba and olive oils, this calming cleanser works to wash away the itch before it starts. Its gentle, soap-free formula delivers relief from dry, itchy skin in just four days, when used in combination with the Curel Itch Defense Body Lotion

Body Lotion- This new spray instantly soothes dry, itchy skin while also improving the skin's moisture barrier. Dermatologist recommended, it works quickly to provide a light, pleasant, cooling sensation exactly when and where you need it. 

I feel like the body wash isn't anything special really. It smells very pleasantly like oranges, and does what a normal body wash does. The lotion however, is pretty darn awesome! One thing I noticed when I sprayed it on my arms, was a peppermint scent. To me, that seems a bit odd for a body moisturizer. I'm used to mint scents in foot creams, not a regular body lotion. The lotion is alot thicker than I thought it was going to be as well. This product reminds of a different brand that has the same concept, but I think I like this one a little bit more. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated, and the bumps I have on my arms are smoothed out, which is a miracle if you ask me, because hardly anything helps with them! One gripe I have with this is that it's a little difficult to press down the spray nozzle. Unless I'm just a total weakling, which I very well could be, but I really had trouble though, and could see that as a drawback for some people. Regardless, this is something I would really consider buying for myself. I definitely like the ease of a spray lotion formula as you're not constantly digging your fingers in a tub, and it also sinks in very nicely and doesn't leave any kind of greasy film whatsoever. 

What do you think of the Curel Itch Defense range?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)