Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 2012 Empties!

Okay, so I think I went through a ton of stuff this past month. It seemed like I went through everything within like a week and a half after the month started and at the end of the month, like maybe two or three things. Oh well, there's more room for other things! ;)

I finally went through The Body Shop Banana Conditioner. I swear, I go through so much shampoo but it takes forever to use up conditioner. I don't think I use a ton of shampoo at one time, but I might try and see how much I actually use. Anyways, I did a full review of the shampoo and conditioner here. I liked the conditioner alot and the smell actually stayed in my hair, but it's not obnoxious. 

I also used up one of my beloved The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serums. I love this stuff so much and I had a request to review the products from the aloe line that I've tried, so a review will definitely be coming up in the next couple weeks! 

The packaging of the E.L.F. Tone Correcting Concealer sucks so bad. The actual product sucks too but I couldn't get anymore product out of this tube no matter how hard I tried. I had another one of these in an empties post and this was my last one. This stuff only costs $1, but it really does not do a good job at all of concealing anything. There are so many amazing E.L.F. products that I love, this was just a total bust for me and I will never repurchase this. Ever!

I finally used up the Origins Well Off eye makeup remover and I liked this alot. It didn't leave any oily residue and took off my eye makeup really well. It also didn't sting my eyes like other eye makeup removers do. I put this in my September favorites here if you wanted to see what else I loved that month.

Next I used up a hand cream that I had been using for a long time and it finally ran out and it's the Olay Quench Therapy Hand Cream. I really, really liked this. I love the body cream they have in the Quench line as well. This hand cream did an amazing job at moisturizing and this might sound weird, but my hands looked "pretty" after I put it on. It was just an amazing product. I don't think they have this product anymore because I can't even find it on the Olay site. Bummer :(


It seems like I used up a bunch of skincare too. I finally used up the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. I've talked about this before and it's just a very nice cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin at all .

I also used up the rest of The Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver. I'm so sad this is empty because this was the best eye cream ever and I can't find if I have a backup of it. The Body Shop stopped carrying this and has something different now, which I'm sure I've mentioned before. There have been some things that I didn't care when it got discontinued but this makes me really, really sad. 

I used up another product from The Body Shop and it's the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. I have so many backups of this because this has been a go-to moisturizer for in the morning for ages now. I don't even know how many different tubes I've gone through. It's good at leaving skin matte and the tea tree helps prevent and clear up breakouts.

Then I used up the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Carbon Mask, which I did a review on here and it's on the list of my favorite face masks here. I love this mask alot! It really helped to smooth out my skin and really clear out my pores. I have insanely large pores (gross, I know) and this mask was pretty much the only thing that helped them look smaller. I'll repurchase when I use up my other masks.


These are the last few things I used up! The big bottle of Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion took me well over a year to go through, but I didn't use it every single day though. I'm glad I can use up some of my body butters now that it's super cold out and my skin's really dry. I liked this lotion alot, but it definitely is thick. I always think lotions are thinner and meant more for Spring and Summer use. This stuff was really good though. It's gentle and doesn't have any smell so it didn't irritate anything.

I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to see what kind of eye drops I use, but I used up my Similasan eye drops for allergy relief. These are the only eye drops I use because everything else I've tried has felt like I was pouring acid onto my eyeballs. Not a good feeling.

I also used up the Berkley & Jensen Hair, Skin & Nails supplement. I'm trying to be better at taking vitamins and I want to keep mainly my hair and skin looking nice. 

The final thing I used up is The Body Shop Lip Butter in the scent Guarana. I've talked about this before and it's your basic lip butter that moisturizes your lips very well. The only thing is it leaves a white cast if you use too much or don't massage it on your lips enough.

That's everything I used up! I'm pretty happy with all those products but I don't know how much I'll go through when January is over so we'll see!

What did you guys use up in December?

7 comments:

  1. Love your post, would be great if you could check out my blog!

    http://zsummerton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I'm not the only one with a residue left behind on my lips from Body Shop lip butters. I thought I got a bad pot or something.

    I hope you're having a great week and a Happy New Year!

    Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I'm following you.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!)

    Come and link up and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for The Liebster Award..
    Read more on my blog post: http://ibdfm.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-i-was-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products. I have never really gotten into the Body Shop products, but by the sounds of it, I really should!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/face-of-australia-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Not sure exactly how to follow you because you're on Tumblr but I liked your facebook page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)