Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Skincare For Men

Hi everyone! This post is actually a request from my dad (hi dad!) and I thought it was a good idea to give a few tips about skincare for men. Men definitely have to take care of their skin like we women do, but most men want less fuss so here are some tips and ideas for men with their skincare!

I know guys want the simplest of routines regarding skincare, so other than shaving men should at the very least, wash and moisturize their skin. Skin on men is much more thicker than women's skin, so they especially need moisturizer to help hydrate and protect skin, especially after shaving.

Jack Black - Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20
Photo from Sephora website

 There are lots of brands that have products specifically geared towards men, and one that particularly sticks out is Jack Black that can be found at Sephora. Their packaging is blue and black, so it's not as "girly" as other skincare products can look. And I gotta admit first, their lip balms are incredible! I use them myself, but guys would love them because they're hydrating but they don't leave lips shiny like some other balms can. Anyways, starting off with a cleanser, a good one is the Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser. It's got a rich lather that's still hydrating which is a great prep before shaving. Men should always clean their face before they shave with warm water because it helps to open the pores and makes beard hair softer. After you wash your face, shave like normal, then pat skin dry and moisturize right away to seal in hydration. A good moisturizer for daytime from Jack Black is the Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20. I've said it in many posts before, but sunblock is super important for everybody, so you absolutely have to use one. 

Anthony Logistics For Men - All Purpose Facial Moisturizer
Photo from Sephora website

 I couldn't find a good nighttime moisturizer from Jack Black, then I remembered the brand Anthony Logistics For Men. They have a really good range of skincare products for men, so a good moisturizer to use at night would be the All Purpose Facial Moisturizer. This is formulated with vitamins and alpha hydroxy acids which help to improve skin's elasticity and texture. 

Or you can do what my dad does. Use Dove Men+Care Body and Face Wash. Seriously, he loves that stuff. It is pretty multifunctional and quick to use for saving time. Plus it does hydrate his skin nicely, but the bugger always has soft skin (-_-). Yeah, I'm jealous with my dry, cracked alligator skin. 

So there you have it. I know this probably isn't the best post but like I said, my dad requested it, so I had to write it. Oh, and have I said that he's the best dad ever? No? Well he is! He got something for me that I've been dying to get since the day it came out. He got me Urban Decay's Vice Palette! Exciting right?! I can't wait to try this little baby out and do a review for you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Dove for men is the shiz!! I hope you like the gift and can't wait for your review. I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dad! I love the palette! Wore some of the eyeshadow today and yesterday. I gotta test it out a bit before the review :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)