Thursday, September 11, 2014

Review: Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in 015 Barcelona Nights

Hey guys! A few posts ago, I did a haul where I bought 4 of these Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains, and for a good price too! Today I'll be reviewing the color Barcelona Nights, which is probably my favorite out of the ones I purchased.

Revlon says that these Moisture Stains drench lips in glossy wet color, it's an ultra-light creamy lipstain with Vitamin E and aloe, and that 88% of women felt lips were instantly moisturized without stickiness. The Revlon website shows 11 shades but I have read that there are 12 and depending on where you buy them, they range between $8 and $10. 


I really like the design of this brush. It's like a flat paddle shaped brush that's super soft and picks up alot of color out of the tube. I have to note though, and I don't know if it's me, the brush or the product, but the ones I have go on streaky and I have to work with it a bit to get the full color on my lips. I'm thinking it's me because I always have to put on a lip balm before any lip color or my lips just dry out instantly. Once I get the color on the way I like, it looks great!

Barcelona Nights is definitely a warm color which I surprisingly like since I'm more of a cool toned girl. To me this is a bright berry color and the consistency of it is pretty nice, like a gel-creme formula. I feel like I get good wear out of this and the shine of this product lasts about 3 to 4 hours on me. The stain it leaves behind is nice too but definitely not as bright as this swatch. 

I really love how shiny these look! Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this product. This color is a bit hard to work with and you definitely need a mirror and patience for it to look blended evenly. I can go through a whole work day with only having to reapply once which is definitely a good thing for me because I don't have the time to be constantly reapplying lip products. I typically just reapply after lunch and I'm good til the end of the day. Would I recommend these? Sure, as long as there's a sale! At around $10, I don't find that particularly cheap and like I said in my haul post, I got these on sale at Ulta with a coupon and points were used so I only spent a little under $20 for the 4 that I have.

Have you tried these Moisture Stains? What do you think of them?

6 comments:

  1. I have this same color as well as London Posh. Barcelona nights went on patchy for me as well but after I rubbed my lips together for a minute and warmed the product up it smoothed out. London Posh I still can't really get to work for me. It has shimmer in it which I just didn't expect. Great post!

    -Pam @ Pam's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wouldn't want to try the ones with shimmer. Thank you for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous shade! I'm always wearing warm-berry colors like this- especially in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty once you get the hang of applying it! I can't wait to wear it more in the Fall

      Delete
  3. This color looks great on you. These didn't work out for me but in glad you're liking them

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the color and there is definitely a learning curve to applying this, for sure

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)