Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 2014 Favorites!

Hey everyone, and happy September! Honestly, this year is going by so darn fast! My wedding anniversary is this month and it seems like yesterday I was posting about it coming up. It's really amazing how time flies! Anyway, August was pretty good product wise for me. I have a decent amount of favorites to share with you all, so here we go!

The first product I've been loving is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover. This stuff is amazing! I really like the original cleanser that everyone and their mother talks about, but this stuff is the bomb for oily skin. It's basically a thick gel formula but it lathers up nicely so it feels like it's really cleaning your skin. It's also amazing when used with a Clarisonic. They sell this huge bottle at Sephora for only $21, which to me is amazing because you only need the tiniest bit. This will last a long while since I only use it at night!

Next up we have the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. I had ran out of the spot treatment I was using and thought I had samples of something else to use, but I really didn't. I couldn't wait so when I was grocery shopping I took a peek down the skincare aisle and saw this. It was on sale and I actually had a coupon so this was only a little under $5. I'm pleased to say that this stuff really does work! I use it in the morning and as the day goes on, I do notice that the breakouts I have aren't as red and puffy. This is definitely a keeper in my book!

Now I know the Lorac Pro 2 Palette was in my favorites for July, but it's just so amazing that I had to include it again for August. This palette is just so beautiful, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite palettes, ever. Go and buy it!

Then we have The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel. Now I'm pretty sure I've either talked about this or the body butter in the same scent before, but I'll say it again, this stuff smells amazing! when you're in the shower, it truly feels like you're in a field of oranges and the smell just fills the bathroom. I remember I had taken a shower one night and my husband came home from work, stopped dead in his tracks and asked what smelled so good. I hadn't cooked anything so I said it was probably my shower gel. He said it smelled like orange peels were strewn throughout the house and it was wonderful. He loves oranges so he was happy!

Next up is two lip glosses from the Bite Beauty Deconstructed Rose library I hauled a little while back from Sephora. I had originally gotten this because of FleurdeForce saying she loved it. The Sephora I went to only had one of these left, and it was a limited edition product so I don't think you can get it anymore. The two particular colors I have shown here are numbers five and six. Six is actually on the left and five is on the right. These glosses are a bit sticky but the color selection totally makes up for that!

My last favorite is a sample size of the Sephora Atomic Volume Maximum Volume Mascara. I'm pretty sure this came in a kit of some sort, but I'm really impressed with this little guy! It does give me more volume than I'm used to, which is nice, but it still looks natural on my lashes. I just looked on the website, and I don't know if they renamed this or discontinued it, but I can't find the exact mascara on there :(

What were you loving in August?

8 comments:

  1. I always hear amazing things about the Lorac palettes! I definitely would love to get my hands on one.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lorac pro 2 palette. I really loved the new milani Bella eyes this month

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely dying to try some of those :)

      Delete
  3. I tried that purity cleanser and makeup remover a while ago and loved it. Don't know why I didn't repurchase it but ill have to pick one up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It really surprised me how much I like it!

      Delete
  4. After reading your post, I might have to get my hands on the Lorac Palette:)

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find out what to do in my blog post http://onesmallcookie.blogg.no/1409737224_03092014.html :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you!

      I highly recommend either Pro Palette :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)