Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Review: Barefoot Spa Professional Exfoliating Polish

I received these two packets of the Barefoot Spa Professional Exfoliating Polish in my Ipsy bag this month. While I normally hate getting foil packet type products in subscription service boxes, I was pleased to have received two. I had never heard of this brand before, but I did a bit of Googling and came across this product on the Freeman Beauty website. Now I love Freeman Beauty masks but this product, not too much. 


When I initially put some of this on my hand to take pictures, I definitely liked the pretty light blue color of it, and it smelled fresh, like a spa. This does have shimmer in it, but once you use it on your skin and rinse it off, there is no trace of glitter. 

Here is a description of this product taken from the Freeman Beauty website: 

Our aquatic-inspired, shimmering body polish delivers gentle exfoliation for skin that’s rejuvenated and re-energized. Non-abrasive micro-granules buff away dead skin as Apricot Oil nourishes and sooths. Our triple-botanical ReCapture Complex helps eliminate toxins, restore essential nutrients, and reinvigorate with antioxidants to reduce surface roughness. Shimmering Mica enhances skin’s natural radiance.

Now when they say "non-abrasive micro-granules" they really mean it. The scrubbing particles are so tiny, there is hardly any manual exfoliation at all. I tried this product after I had used a hair removal cream on my legs because it seems to help me get rid of any hair left behind. I will admit, my skin did feel pretty soft after using this, but I really like a good heavy duty scrub since I tend to get pretty dry skin on my legs. This is probably good for people who have really sensitive skin that can't handle too much exfoliation.

One whole packet was enough for me to use on both of my legs, which I was pretty happy about. One of the packets had a coupon on the front for $2 off a Barefoot Spa Professional or Bare Foot product. The coupon also says you can find those brands at Walmart. A full size of this, which is 5.3 ounces, costs only $5.99. While I most likely will not purchase this particular product, I may try something else from the brand since it seems fairly inexpensive. 

While this isn't a terrific product, I'm still happy Ipsy included it in my bag this month! I love trying out products I've never heard of and for only $10, you get some nice goodies!

Wanna subscribe to Ipsy? Sign up here!

2 comments:

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)