Wednesday, June 27, 2018

My Top 5 Masks for Oily & Blackhead Prone Skin

If you're a regular reader of the blog, you know I typically have very oily skin that is prone to blackheads. My skin changes a bit when cooler weather comes along to a little more dry, yet the blackheads are there no matter what. I have a few of my favorite masks to share with you that help to keep oil and blackheads under control, and I hope they can help you as well!

I'm not putting these in any order, because I love them all equally, but if you want some serious oil and blackhead control, the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is seriously amazing! It's just this powder that you can add either water or apple cider vinegar to, and make a mask out of it. I tend to use apple cider vinegar, and it does leave my skin a bit red for a while, so if you have sensitive skin, use water instead. I get this from Amazon, and it's super inexpensive, and will last ages.

Another favorite, though expensive, is the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. I much prefer this mask to their Youthmud mask, since it makes my skin feel so incredibly soft and look nearly poreless. This is a deluxe sample, but the 1.7 ounce is $59. They now have a 3.5 ounce for $79 as well. 

A mask that I've loved for years is the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. Charcoal is amazing at clearing out pores, and feels less harsh to me than other ingredients used to fight acne and oil. 

Paula's Choice is a brand I absolutely adored way before it became popular. Their Skin Balancing Oil Absorbing Mask is incredible at making my skin feel super clean, pores are minimized, and it doesn't irritate my skin like other purifying masks can. 

The last mask that is great for my skin is the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask. I don't know what it is about this mask, but my skin just loves it. It's got Lactic Acid, which was great when I was pregnant, and it cleared up my skin and made it really soft. It does leave some redness, but it goes away after about an hour. 

Do you have any favorite masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)