Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October 2015 Ipsy Bag

Hi guys! I finally received my Ipsy bag for October this past weekend. Seeing which products I was getting beforehand, I was actually pretty excited this month! Until I got my bag in the mail that is. I had redeemed points last month to get a certain product, and they sent me the wrong one! 

I'm not a huge fan of the actual bag everything came in. One side is gold, the other is black. The theme this month is Alter Ego.

The first product I received is the Royal & Langnickel Medium Eye Shader Brush. I've never tried anything from this brand before, but the brush I got is incredibly soft, and it's pink! I can never have enough brushes, so I'm really happy to have gotten this. 

Next up is the Beauty Without Cruelty Fragrance Free Hand & Body Lotion. This truly is fragrance free, which I'm actually happy about. My allergies have been going nuts lately, and it's being triggered by certain fragrances. This has shea butter, jojoba, and kukui nut oil in it, so it's great for hydration. My sad, dry hands will definitely appreciate this!

I'm so excited to have received the it Cosmetics Hello Lashes 5-in-1 Mascara! I love it Cosmetics as a brand, but have never tried this mascara. I've heard good and bad things about it, but I'm excited to give it a try!

Next is the Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum. I've gotten this brand before in previous Ipsy bags, but honestly haven't tried them yet. This is said to be for normal to dry skin, and my skin is already drying out with the colder weather we've been having. This will probably be put to use in the coming months!

The last product I received is theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Committed, which is a pinky nude color. I was super excited to try out this little sample, and it doesn't disappoint. I tried it right when I got this bag in the mail, and I love the color and how it applies. It is pretty drying though, but I typically expect that from liquid lipsticks. 

Now, the product they sent me for redeeming my points is the BellaPierre Gel Eyeliner in the shade Ebony. While this is a decent eyeliner, it's not what I had redeemed my points for! I had to go back and check what I did originally get because I know I didn't pick this, and I was pretty confused. What I had redeemed them for was a blending brush from Luxie Beauty. I got one of those in a previous Ipsy bag, and absolutely love it. When I saw it was available for 500 points, I snagged one. I don't know what happened, but I got a little mad seeing an eyeliner instead of the brush I wanted. I already emailed them about it, and they did say I'll get a replacement, but who knows if it will be the brush I wanted. I've never had this issue before!

Anyway, that's everything in this month's bag! Despite being sent the wrong product for redeeming my points, I'm happy with the products this month. I was on the verge of cancelling honestly, but I'll give it a few more months. If you want to get Ipsy bags for yourself, you can sign up here! It costs $10 a month, plus shipping for some, and you get 4-5 deluxe sized samples of beauty products!


*Ipsy link is a referral code. I get points to redeem for product, if you use my link to sign up!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)