Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Review & Swatches: Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette

Hey everyone! It's been a while, I know. I don't really have a good excuse for being away, but life happened so I took a bit of a break. Anyways, I'm back with my review of Urban Decay's Vice 3 Palette, which I've really been enjoying alot lately!

I have to say, the packaging of this palette is flipping beautiful! The color scheme is nice and to me it just looks cool. On the back of the box it comes in, it shows all the colors with their names along with a description of the palette. 

It also comes with this nifty cosmetic bag, that only can really carry this palette. Unless you use it for other things, which you certainly can. I think it's nice they added this so if you travel, it can really come in handy. 

Once you open this palette, you can see the array of amazing colors, from your basic neutrals on the left, to your bright jewel tones in the center, and your smoky shades on the right. Inside, it also comes with a double-ended shadow and crease brush, which is decent quality, and has a huge mirror (sorry I didn't picture it!). If you have either the first or second Vice Palette, both of those mirrors cover the entire lid. 


 Onto the colors!

-Truth: Pale pink-nude matte. I like this shade for highlighting because it's pretty close to my skintone and helps with blending out harsh edges.

-Dragon: Bright metallic green shimmer. This shade swatches pretty well, but I have yet to try it on my eyes. Definitely a beautiful shade for the upcoming holidays!

-Undone: Pink-beige/matte-satin/tonal pearl. That's a long description of the color! I find this to be a great transition color for the crease and it blends out beautifully

-Freeze: Metallic medium blue/multidimensional micro-glitter. This color is beautiful in the pan but I feel it doesn't swatch as well compared to other UD shadows. I haven't tried it on the lids yet, but I'm sure with a primer, it will be better.

-Downfall: Warm light matte brown. This is another great color for the crease and also blends really well. 

-Heroine: Deep navy blue/tonal pearl. This colors looks alot lighter pictured in the pan than swatched. It really is a deep navy color that I have yet to try but it's incredibly pigmented.

-DTF: Taupe matte/pearl. I love this color! Aside from the dirty shade name, it's an awesome color again for the crease, and it's just beautiful.

-Brokedown: Metallic golden brown shimmer/gold micro-glitter. Another stunning color that's really pigmented with one swipe. Haven't used this shade on my eyes yet, but I'm very impressed with the swatch.


-Vanity: Smoky metallic eggplant/multidimensional micro-glitter. This is another color that comes off lighter in pictured pan, but in the swatch it's a very pretty dark purple color. This one swatched pretty well too.

-Alien: Pink-peach/golden shift. This is the one color I was very disappointed in. It feels very chalky to the touch and to me, it doesn't swatch very well either. I had to do a few layers for it to show up.

-Last Sin: Champagne shimmer/silver micro-glitter. This is a pretty lid shade but I feel it's not as pigmented as I'd like personally. This will be good if you want just a sheer wash of color/shimmer on the lids.

-Lucky: Metallic bronze. LOVE this shade! The swatch in the picture is just one swipe and I was highly impressed by the color payoff. For my fair skin, I think this is a bit warm for me, but I want to make it work since it's so gorgeous.

-Alchemy: Deep fuchsia satin. Swatched, this color isn't too great. On the lids though, it's really pigmented! I feel like this shade along with some others work better over a primer. 

-Angel: Light taupe/silver micro-glitter. Again, this is another pretty lid shade but I feel it doesn't swatch as nice as it looks in the pan. I haven't used it on my eyes, so I can't say how it looks yet.


-Reign: Rich brown satin. This color is gorgeous with a single swatch. It's so dark though so I feel like I need a super light hand to control it. 

-Bondage: Deep, smoky burgundy/shimmer. I'm obsessed with this color too. I love purples though since it brings out the little bit of green I have in them. Love this shade!

-Defy: Smoky taupe satin. This shade is quite pigmented and is good for an outer corner color.

-Bobby Dazzle: Metallic white/pale gold micro-glitter. I'm not a huge fan of this shade. It's alright as maybe an inner corner highlight, but there is way too much shimmer as a browbone highlight.

-Sonic: Metallic red-copper. Another gorgeously pigmented shade! I actually really like this color, and I recently colored my hair a dark auburn so I feel like this shade will look nice with it. 

-Revolver: Soft black satin/ iridescent pearl. There is honestly nothing special about this shade, but it will be nice for those smoky looks when you don't want a harsh, dark black color going on. 

Overall, I'm a fan of this palette. Aside from the few colors that aren't as great, I feel like I can get use out of this and will be good for the colder weather. I love how there are a bunch of matte shades to work with and all of those are pretty good quality. The one big downside to this is it has a whole lotta fallout. You really have to make sure to tap your brush after you pick up color. It also kicks up alot of powder as you take your brush to a color. 

This palette costs $60 and I purchased mine from Sephora, but you can also get it on Urban Decay's website and Ulta. 

What do you think of this palette? Will you buy it?

6 comments:

  1. This palette really has a great variety of different shades. I love that it has some great colorful shades as well as some neutrals.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear these colors look so tempting, might have to take the plunge on this one. Thanks for posting these swatches, I was dying to know what they looked like on. The colors look very good against your skin too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      And thank you! I do like how they look with my fair skin. I say it's worth the $60 price tag even though a few of the shades aren't that amazing

      Delete
  3. This is a gorgeous palette and I wish I wore more colorful shades because I would definitely pick it up then

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally understandable! I like going outside my neutral box once in a while, so I like this for that reason :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)