Thursday, October 3, 2013
Review, Swatches & Look #1: Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette
Hello everyone! My name is Katy, and I am a palette-a-holic. I just had to buy the new Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette when it came out. My dad had gotten me the first Vice Palette and I fell in love with it. When I saw that this was out, I was so excited for it! I saw the colors and it was definitely love at first site. I've gotten a chance to try it out and take pictures of swatches, and of course I have to show you guys! :)
I'm absolutely loving the colors in this palette! There are tons of jewel toned shades and then you have your neutrals at the bottom of the palette. When swatching these colors, they were all very pigmented and creamy, and even the matte shades felt buttery and smooth. This palette also comes with a double-ended Good Karma Shadow and Crease Brush. All 20 of these shades plus a brush cost me $59 from Sephora. I'll definitely be getting lots of use from this palette for Fall!
I have to say, getting pictures of these shadows was a pain in the butt. I don't know if it's my camera or the lighting in my house, but some of the shades look brighter or darker in the picture than in real life. All the pictures above were taken in the morning without flash near a window that usually has great lighting.
The next few pictures will be swatches and a description of the colors are taken from the Sephora site. These colors above are from the first top row of the palette.
- Smokeout: Dark taupey-black satin
- Lovesick: Black matte with iridescent micro-glitter (to me, this looks like a brown color in the picture)
- Shellshock: Bright metallic silver (this color is insanely pigmented. The picture doesn't do it justice)
- Coax: Medium metallic pink with golden iridescent micro-sparkle
- X-Rated: Baby pink satin
These next colors are from the second row.
- Prank: Deep navy matte with turquoise floating pearl
- Madness: Bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro-glitter
- Strike: Antique gold shimmer with silver micro-glitter (the perfect gold color, in my opinion)
- Stash: Deep olive green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle (this color has a bit of fallout if you're not careful)
- Poison: Charcoal satin with iridescent micro-sparkle
These colors are in the third row.
- Radar: Metallic brown shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
- Damaged: Bright metallic emerald shimmer (I'm obsessed with this color and it's beautifully pigmented)
- Voodoo: Metallic purple shimmer with iridescent purple micro-glitter
- Betrayal: Bright purple satin with blue shift (Another gorgeous color that I'm obsessed with)
- Derailed: Medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer
These are the last row of colors.
- Dope: Warm champagne satin (gorgeous highlight shade)
- Toxic: Metallic copper pink shimmer with tonal micro-glitter
- Habit: Light nude matte (Believe it or not, this color is a perfect natural crease color for me since it's about two shades darker than my skintone)
- Ambush: Metallic brown satin
- Rewind: Medium brown matte (that perfect matte brown crease color everyone wants)
Here is my first look from this palette. I'm thinking of doing what I did with the last palette and post different looks every once in a while that I like.
I first primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I then took Strike and patted that over the inner half of my lids. I then took stash and patted that on the outer half of my lids. This color has some fallout like I mentioned above, so definitely be careful when using it. I took the color Habit and put that through my crease to blend out any harsh lines, and than used Dope as my brow bone highlight. I finished my look with Fairydrops Scandal Queen Mascara in Black. I've had this mascara for ages and it came in one of those Sephora Lashstash boxes.
What do you guys think of this palette?