Saturday, March 16, 2013

Walgreen's Haul!

You all might be wondering again why I have a haul to show you when I'm still on my spending ban. Well, my mom got two free $25 gift cards for transferring a prescription and filling a new one, and she gave them to me! I only used a little over half of one and still have the whole other one to use, which I will save for after my spending ban is over. I didn't think this was cheating since they were gifted to me, so let me show you what I bought!

The first thing I picked up is the Fergie Wet n' Wild Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer. I'm  pretty excited to try this out! I love my Urban Decay Primer Potion, but it's expensive and this eyeshadow primer was only $4.99, so if this is comparable to the UD one, then I may switch over. I do have other eyeshadow primers to use up, but I may try this soon and switch back and forth from what I'm using to this to be able to use everything up. 

The next product I got is the Wet n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder in the color Light. This looks like a new product since there's a sticker on it that says new. This was also the lightest shade they had in my Walgreen's but I checked online and they have two shades that are lighter than this is, so I'm a little hesitant to try this because I'm so fair. I may return this since Walgreen's has a good return policy with cosmetics and maybe exchange it for something else.

The last two things I picked up are the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in the colors Black and Nude. I was excited to try the nude pencil because I had read a ton of good reviews on how it's good on the waterline for brightening up your eyes without having the harshness of a white eyeliner. I already tried it and I really liked it! It actually stayed put for most of the day, and that's amazing for me since I have itchy, watery eyes. I haven't tried the black yet, but I'm hoping it's like the Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion. These pencils were 50% off on sale which is why I picked up two. That brought them down to $2.24 each which isn't too shabby considering the hype around them.

Well that's my little haul for you! I'm thinking more about returning that pressed powder and it kills me because I have never returned any cosmetics ever in my life, so I feel bad. Knowing me, I'll exchange it for the Rimmel Stay Matte which I already know I really like. Gah! This is actually really hard for me! The lady there is nice so I'm sure she'll understand.

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway if you haven't yet!

And I did hear about the whole Google Reader thing going away, which could possibly mean that GFC is going away (BOOOOO!!!) so I joined Bloglovin and the link for it is on the top right hand corner of my page if you want to follow me there. 

Thanks for reading everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love the primer. I have been using it for about a month and it does make my shadows last longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the GFC Colelctive today. I've followed you on Bloglovin'. Looking forward to more of your finds.
    Happy Monday!
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hullo, I've just followed you on bloglovin after I hopped here from the Love my post blog hop.

    Julie Roo : Mummy's Random Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Already been following you via GFC and Bloglovin :)

      Delete
  4. I'm disappointed about Google Reader too. Congrats on your giftcards, I would have had a blast with those too and not considered it cheating. ;) Anyway new follower here on BlogLovin, would love for you to check my blog out sometime!

    Heather from Mommy Only Has 2 Hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and following you along! Following you on Bloglovin too :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)