Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spending Ban Update #1

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted something and I really apologize for that! I've been in a little bit of a funk and I've been having a few issues with my Blogger account which has kinda made me a little mad. Anyways, if you read my 2013 New Years Resolutions, you know I started a 3 month spending ban on January 1st, which is going til April 1. I'm now 43 days in, and have 48 more days to go! I guess I thought I should do a bit of an update post letting you guys know how I'm doing.

I'm doing incredibly well! I haven't bought any makeup or skincare since I started my spending ban. The only thing I have bought was a Suave dry shampoo at Walmart for under $3 because I ran out of my other can. I did mention in my resolutions post that I would be buying things that I absolutely need, and the Suave dry shampoo is really nice and I didn't want to be without it. Plus, it's under $3, so it's not that bad of a burn.

It's so strange not buying anything beauty related, even still. I was so used to picking up some kind of eyeshadow, nail polish, or skincare item not all the time, but pretty frequently. The Sephora website is still my best friend, but I think it's feeling a little lonely right now. I do visit the site about once a week or so to see what's new, and seeing all these blog posts and Youtube videos of new drugstore products that came out are awesome and all, but I wanna buy something!

I have to say, my wallet is thanking me, but not too much because I still have rent and bills to pay, and groceries to buy, which still leaves me broke, but I'm not using my credit cards unnecessarily anymore like I was before this spending ban. I'm looking forward to April 1st, but I promise I won't go wild. I do wanna pick up a few drugstore goodies that I have my eye on, and I do want to take a trip to Sephora.

Sorry it's taken me so long to do an update post! I wasn't even sure if I wanted to write one since I've been so good. I look at other spending ban update posts, and with most of them, the person has bought at least one thing! Not much of a spending ban if you ask me...

Anyways, if you guys want me to do another update, please let me know! I can maybe add in a few things I've been wanting to try and whatnot. 

If you're on a spending ban, how is it going? If you're not on a spending ban, would you try to go on one?

9 comments:

  1. since the beginning of january i have been on a spending ban - when you make no money you spend no money. i would describe it as "frustrating", but its really put into perspective the "things" that are important. that's not to say i am not itching for a really good thrifting trip, however... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! It is frustrating, but definitely puts things into perspective! I don't really feel the need to buy things I don't need anymore, but I still can't wait for April 1st! :)

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. Just clicked over from the GFC blog hop. Now I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to reading more!

    -Mary
    thesauerpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Following you back :)

      Delete
  3. I am on a spending ban at the moment too - i did do a small haul this week though!

    I am hosting a Beauty Bloggers blog hop every weekend if you would like to come along and link up!

    http://www.jessiswonderland.com/2013/02/beauty-blogers-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough isn't it?! I'm so tempted to go out and buy something but I'm really gonna stick with this!

      Thanks for following along, I'm following you back :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for linking up on my beauty bloggers hop! Hope to see you there again next week :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Katy, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), one of the Friday Chaos co-hosts.
    So glad you stopped by to link up! I loved this post (good luck on the spending ban!) and look forward to checking out more of your blog.
    Have a great day…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)