Monday, October 12, 2015

Hospitals Suck...

Hey everyone! It sure has been a while. You might be wondering what the title "Hospitals Suck" is about. Who honestly does like hospitals though?! Unless you're a nurse or doctor, I highly doubt anyone likes being in one. Anyways, early last week I ended up in the emergency room due to horrendous chest pain, back pain, and right shoulder pain that was traveling up my neck. Fast forward about 5 hours, and I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism, which is blood clots in the lungs. Fun, right?! Yeah, not so much. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. I was admitted to the hospital for a couple days so they could keep an eye on me, and get me started on blood thinners.

You might be wondering, "Katy, how in the hell could you get blood clots in your lung?! You're only 26!" Ah, yes. That was my question too when they told me what was wrong. According to the ER doctor, my birth control pills are what caused it. Birth control in general can cause PE, but mine had estrogen in them, which ups your chances of blood clots. It happens, but it's not common either, so I'm one of the lucky ones! (Not) So I've totally banned myself from taking any form of birth control, ever again. I had initially gone back on birth control after my miscarriage in July and D&C in August upon the recommendation of my doctor. I didn't really want to take it, but she said it was probably for the best. 

Here I am, now with Pulmonary Embolism. The clots are in my right lung, hence the horrendous pain on the upper right side of my body. I have to be on blood thinners for pretty much a whole year, can't take any form of birth control (which I'm totally fine with), but I also can't try and get pregnant for the year I'm on the blood thinners either. That's the hardest and saddest part for me. When I had the miscarriage in July, it really took a toll on me, physically, mentally, and emotionally. My husband and I were in no rush to try again really, because he's currently taking an EMT course that runs through February. Ideally, we were going to wait until his course was finished, he had his certification, and got his raise at work. Hearing that it now has to wait just really killed me inside, because I sure as hell am not getting any younger. I turn 27 in December, and while most people probably are thinking, "You're young, you can try again. Stop complaining!", I really just want to start our little family. 

If you made it to the end, thank you for sticking around. I'm so sorry for not posting, but this pain I've been feeling has been just awful physically. I can barely sleep, it's so bad. It may take a little bit for me to feel 100% again, but when I get the energy, I'm gonna write up and schedule as many posts as I can to catch up, which I do have quite a few that have certain time frames. 

Thanks for sticking around to read my long sob story! Just wanted to update you all while I had the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)