Saturday, August 15, 2015

August 2015 Ipsy Bag

Hi everyone! I received my Ipsy bag yesterday, and I'm happy for once that it's a bit earlier than previous times. The theme this month is Prep School, since school is starting again soon for alot of people. 

The actual bag is alright. It's got a hounds-tooth pattern, which I'm not a huge fan of. It also feels like it's made of plastic and it has some texture to it as well. 

The first product I received is the Swissco soft Touch Slant Tweezers. Out of all the products they sent out, I got flipping tweezers! The last time I got a Swissco product in an Ipsy bag was December of 2014 and it was an eyelash curler. Didn't need that either. 

The next product is the Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen. I very rarely wear eyeliner, and if I do, it's usually the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. This eyeliner seems smudgy when I apply it on my hand and rub it after it dries, so I don't have the highest hopes for this. I'll still try it just to see how it works.

Next up we have the Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in Conditioner. This will definitely be put to use as I haven't done a whole lot with my hair recently, and I can tell it's suffering. I think it smells wonderful too, very herbal scented. I'm a fan of scents like that though, but I can see it being too much for some people. 

Next is the Hikari Lip Gloss in the shade Salsa, which is a classic red. I was hoping I would get the intense red mauve shade called Merlot. I always feel like I can't pull off the classic bright red shades as I need something more cool based for my skintone. I'll give it a go and see if I end up liking it. The only thing that's really turning me off is the scent of this. Right when I take the wand out, the smell of chemicals wafts into my nostrils, and it's not pleasant. 

The last product is the City Color HD Powder. I already have so many powders in my stash, but I'm curious to try this as it promises a matte finish and preventing shine. An oily girl like myself might appreciate something like this, as long as it works!

That's everything I received this month! Overall, I just feel a bit meh about it. I'm not overly excited about anything really, but am curious to try the powder and leave-in conditioner. 

If you want to sign up for Ipsy, you can do so here via my referral link! It only costs $10 a month, plus shipping for some, and you typically get 5 deluxe sized products to try. Occasionally, there will be a full size product too! 

If you're already subscribed, what did you receive this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)