Friday, July 17, 2015

July 2015 Ipsy Bag

Hey guys! It's finally Ipsy time, where I get to show you what I received in my bag this month! The theme is Summer Lovin', and it's currently feeling very Summery and humid here, so the theme definitely fits. Lets see what I got this month!

So the actual bag that everything comes in, it's just alright. I'm not a fan of the color scheme or the design, and I personally don't think it looks Summery. That's alright, it's what's inside that counts, and I'm a bit meh with that as well.

The first product I received is the Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in the shade Gilt. It's a pretty champagne color that says it's waterproof, easy to blend and long wearing. I've heard of this brand alot lately so I am curious to try this and see how it works. The cool thing is it comes with its own sharpener as it's not a retractable pencil. 

Next up is the Be A Bombshell Lip Balm, and I received the shade called French Kiss, which is a light pink. I'm all for lip balms, I can never get enough really, but this is just a plain ole balm that doesn't have any color payoff or scent whatsoever. I don't really understand why there are different shades. Maybe the other one that was sent out is more pigmented.

Next we have the Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in the shade 4 Alarm Fire. I do admit that the shade is very pretty, but I've said it many times before and I'm saying it again: I CAN'T STAND GETTING NAIL POLISH!!! Seriously, I've had so many bottles of nail polish sent to me in Ipsy bags, and I'm so over it. I never really do my nails that often, so most of the polishes I have are just sitting in a drawer, unloved. I've retaken the quiz and reviewed the polishes I've gotten to hopefully have them realize no more polish, but I guess it doesn't work.

Now we have the Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser. I was acutally pretty excited to get this in my bag, but when I picked it up, it's basically empty! I can probably try and get maybe 2 small uses at most out of this, but I'm incredibly disappointed that there is hardly any product in the container. 

The last product is the Coolway Beachy Salt Spray. I also don't really like getting hair sprays in my Ipsy bags either and I wish they would stop sending them. I'm fine with getting shampoo or conditioner products, as I will always use them, but anything that's a hair spray, texturizing spray, or anything that gives hair that crunchy feeling, forget it. I'll never use it! 

Overall, I am pretty disappointed this month. Now I could just be angry because of my pregnancy hormones, but I won't get use out of the majority of this bag. Normally Ipsy is pretty great and if I have a disappointing bag, the next month is usually better. 

If you're not subscribed to Ipsy and you would like to be, you can do so here via my referral link! It only costs $10 a month, plus shipping for some, and you typically get 4-5 deluxe sized products along with a makeup bag. Occasionally they will send full sized products, which is a nice treat!

If you're already subscribed to Ipsy, what did you get in your bag? Are you happy with the products this month?

4 comments:

  1. That Vasanti exfoliator is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's good to know! I just wish there was more product to work with :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a bummer that the Vasanti exfoliator carries so little product. I would have guessed that at least you could get 5 good uses out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty disappointing. I know I'm only spending $10 on Ipsy, but I would expect tubes like this to be filled a little more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)