Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: Boscia Charcoal Pore-Minimizing Hydrogel Mask

Hey guys! Today I have a review of one of Boscia's new peel-off gel sheet masks, the Charcoal Pore-Minimizing Mask. I was out shopping with my husband and naturally we took a trip to Sephora and he let me treat myself (again) before I leave my job on May 30th. So stayed tuned for yet another haul post coming very soon! Anyways, lets see if I liked this mask!



Here is a bit of info taken from the Sephora site:

What it is:
A pore-minimizing hydrogel mask blended with bamboo charcoal, a natural element with deep-cleansing properties.

What it is formulated to do:
This hydrogel mask cleanses the skin—reducing the appearance of pores as it removes blackheads and whiteheads—giving the complexion a renewed look. Enriched with bamboo charcoal to help draw out blackheads, it expels toxins and minimizes the appearance of pores to leave the skin soft, refined, and revived.  


What else you need to know:
This product is pH-balanced, naturally-deep cleaning, and contains 100 percent vegetable fiber. It is free of preservatives, artificial fragrance, color, ethanol alcohol, and gluten. It is dermatologist tested and vegan-friendly.


Sorry for scaring ya'll with my face!
I was so intrigued with these masks when I first saw them. I was never one for those sheet masks that you peel off your face after you use them, but this one is in gel form, which makes it a bit easier to use. It also comes in two separate pieces, one for your forehead and nose area, and the other is for the bottom half of your face. I definitely liked that concept because I always have issues with sheet masks not fitting properly and I end up having to take it off and do it over. I opened the package and it was really goopy with product so I figured it would actually do something. It was really easy to apply onto the skin, thanks to it being in those two pieces. It also fit my face pretty well, which never really happens. After it's applied, you leave it on for 15-20 minutes. In those minutes I had it on, it was sliding all over the damn place, especially the bottom half. The part between my nose and upper lip kept falling onto my lips and I'd have to constantly move it back into place. I was even laying down on the couch to try and make it stay, but that didn't work for some reason. The one plus side is that it feels really nice on your skin. It's cooling and a bit tingly, but not irritating. After you take it off, you're supposed to rub whatever serum is on your face into your skin completely. I did follow up with another serum and moisturizer, and was happy to have it off my face. I didn't really notice any results from this mask, even when I woke up in the morning after using this. For $8 per mask, I do find that to be quite pricey. I say save your money on this and spend a bit more on the Origins Clear Improvement mask, which does have charcoal in it. 

Have you tried this particular mask, or other masks like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)