Thursday, April 16, 2015

Review: Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish


*Disclosure* This product was provided complimentary thanks to Exuviance and Brandbacker. All opinions are 100% honest and my own, like always!

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing a microdermabrasion face polish from the brand Exuviance. I had heard of the brand before, but had never tried any of their products. I was so excited to be able to try this out because I'm wanting to try different products to help with exfoliating my skin. 

Here is a bit of info on the product taken from the Neostrata website: 

Our latest antiaging breakthrough masters a triple action approach to skin renewal in a single, yet powerful treatment with a unique blend of physical, chemical and enzyme rejuvenators. With just one application, this intensive exfoliating treatment delivers instant skin resurfacing.

Contains pure professional grade crystals used by dermatologists to smooth skin. Feel this potent exfoliator working as Papaya Enzyme and Glycolic Acid help dissolve impurities that contribute to congested pores, and loosen dead skin cells and dull and dry patches, polishing skin to a gorgeous silky softness and glow. Cell renewal is stimulated, encouraging skin to renew itself. With consistent exfoliation, once or twice a week, skin will be clearer, brighter with reduced appearance of pores and dark spots. Regular use helps increase the performance of your cosmetic treatment products. For best results, complete your facial with an Exuviance concentrated serum or antiaging moisturizer.

I had tried chemical exfoliators in the past, but always had lots of irritation on my skin after using them. I should also mention that Glycolic Acid never used to agree with my skin either. I remember using a face mask that had glycolic acid in it when I was a teenager and broke out so bad from it, I swore off it. Now that I'm 26, I want to be more mindful about anti-aging, and I know Glycolic Acid along with the Papaya Enzymes are really good for anti-aging and smoothing the skin. The little crystals in this scrub are so fine, you can barely feel them, but they get the job done. The directions say to apply a thin layer to your clean, wet face and lightly massage into the skin for 30 seconds. After that, you leave it on for up to 2 minutes, but if you have really sensitive skin, 1 minute. The first time I used this, I left it on for 1 minute and boy is this stuff potent! Within about 20 seconds, my face started feeling warm and tingly, and once the minute was up, it felt very warm. It rinsed off nicely, and my face felt really smooth and soft, but it was a bit red. The second time I used this, I braved 2 minutes and had the same reaction. It didn't feel overly uncomfortable, but it's something to get used to, in my opinion. The mornings after using this, it looks like I have new skin. It's honestly pretty amazing. It's like my complexion is all evened out and my skin looks poreless (from a distance of course). If you have sensitive skin like I do, I recommend only using this once a week. If you're not sensitive, you can use this twice a week. 

This product costs a whopping $72, and you can find it online here at the Neostrata website, or at Ulta here. Do I think it's worth the $72 price tag? Maybe, it depends on how often you use it. I might only use it a couple times a month, and I do like how it makes my skin look. I don't think I would personally go out and buy this myself (unless I was rich). 

Would you try this product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)