Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Hey guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing a mascara that I've really been loving lately and even featured in my favorites last month, and that is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

According to the Sephora website, this mascara is "An intensely black, volumizing mascara with an hourglass-shaped brush that separates, coats, and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection."


What it does:
Inspired by the curves of a woman’s body, the hourglass-shaped brush was designed with extra stiff bristles to maximize the performance of this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula. One coat and lashes are full and defined. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats help you achieve the most intense, black, multidimensional lashes possible. 


Here is a picture of my tired eyes, bare lashes, with no makeup on at all. My lashes also have not been curled.


These are my still non-curled lashes with one coat of mascara. I usually only like to do one coat of this because I'm always happy with the results I get. I know my lashes probably look a bit wonky, it was hard to get a good angle on my camera and this was the best shot. 

Overall, I really am impressed with this mascara. It only costs $23, which isn't terrible for a higher end mascara. I absolutely love the volume this mascara gives me, and it gives me decent length. Whenever I do decide to go with two coats of this, my lashes look so much thicker and people usually ask what kind of lashes I buy! I find that hilarious since I've only ever gotten compliments on one other mascara, and that was Maybelline's Illegal Length. I have yet to try three coats. I also really like the brush too. It's got regular bristles so it can grip the lashes better, but the shape took some getting used to. As you can tell from the pictures, I have hooded lids, so the outer parts of the brush can touch my lids if I'm not careful. The formula is great too, not too wet and not too dry. Wet formulas aren't my favorite as they pretty much immediately smudge on me, so I do prefer a drier formula, but not so dry where it gets wasted if I didn't use it enough. My only tiny complaint is that if I don't set my under-eye concealer well, I do get some smudging from this, but that happens with pretty much every mascara I use. Once I use up other mascaras in my stash, I will definitely be repurchasing this one. You can buy Better Than Sex wherever Too Faced is sold, but I purchased mine from Sephora

Have you tried this mascara before? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)