Sunday, August 18, 2013

Review: Hard Candy CC Correction Creme in Fair

Hey everyone! I posted a haul a little over a week ago, and this Hard Candy CC Correction Creme in Fair is one of the products I had bought. Someone asked if I could do a review so since I've had the chance to try this out a handful of times, I figured it was time for my reivew! 

Anyways, this product claims to have 5 Flawless Results in 1:
- Color corrects skin tone by blurring blemishes, discolorations and dark spots
- Neutralizes undertone with unique light reflecting optical pearls
- Brightens complexion with glowing airbrushed finish
- Evens skin texture for a smooth natural appearance
- Oil free creme moisturizes skin all day without clogging pores

 
You get 1.5 ounces in this bottle, which is pretty generous considering this only costs $8 at Walmart. I have to say that I think the packaging is pretty cute. I love the pink heart on the box and tube, but pink is my favorite color so I may be biased. 

Now these next few pictures are the stages of me putting on this CC cream, so I apologize if there are too many!




These pictures are of my skin freshly cleansed and moisturized with no makeup on at all. I had also put on sunblock as well. Pardon my tired looking face, I was doing this in the morning before work! Also, the bottom side picture is just to show that I had a blemish near my chin, so we'll see if this CC cream covers it up!




These three pictures are after I put on one layer with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. You can probably notice that my skin looks a bit more even, but I feel it's a tad too orange. I had to really blend it in my skin to make it not look like too much of an oompa loompa. Also, it didn't cover the blemish I had either.



These pictures are of my completed makeup look. I did use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder on top of this CC cream, which you can tell in the bottom picture has helped with the blemish I have. I also look alot less orange here than I do in the above pictures.



I wanted to take pictures after I had gotten home from my workday, so I'm sorry I look so bad! Anyways, you can probably tell that I'm really shiny, but that's normal for me. I didn't use any blotting papers either since I was testing this out. My skin color looks normal, not orange and it doesn't look faded. However, in person I did look a bit different. Close up in a mirror there were a few splotches of product on my forehead and chin. Also, the blemish near my chin looks alot better in the bottom photo. I must get lucky, my zits seem to dry up and go away rather quickly.

Overall, this isn't terrible. I will say if you have oily skin like me, use a setting powder and blot during the day, or just stay away from this if that's too much hassle. If you have normal/combination to dry skin, this should work fine. It doesn't have very good coverage, so if you have alot of redness, blemishes or pigmentation, this won't cover a thing. All I noticed was it evened out my skintone a bit, but it was slightly orange so you do have to blend it well. It hasn't broken me out either which is great. I don't think this works miracles by any means, but it may work for you if you have nice skin and want it a bit more even.

Have any of you tried this CC cream? 

Also, remember I have my giveaway going for US residents only! Check it out if you haven't yet! There is still about three weeks left to enter! :)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honest review. That's one of my favorite things about reading product reviews on a blog, they tell the good, and the meh. I am a lot older than you, I do believe. ;) so this might be great for my skin type. Thanks for sharing the info. here, and for linking up at Super Sunday Sync.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't mind it at all, I just have to blot my face which I'm totally used to!

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks pretty good, it definitely looks like it reduced pore size and redness.
    Also I love your eye makeup, so natural and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used maybelline's Bad to the Bronze and the new eyeshadow I got from Ipsy this month on top with Urban Daecay's Faint in the crease :)

      Delete
  3. The box and tube looks so pretty and cute. I love the fonts too. It looks pretty good, and trust me I shine way more after work haha so the CC seems to be working well I might try this out :D You look pretty without makeup too Katy. Thank you for your detailed review :)

    misaraisu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This was one of my favorite products to review because it's still new to me. I'm very glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  4. I've been wondering about trying a CC cream I love the look of this one, it really does seem to even out your skin tone. I wonder if we can get this one over here I shall have to go looking :).

    Thank you for linking up to the I Love My Post Blog Hop.

    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have to check for it online. Hopefully you can find it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds pretty good and the pictures do show results.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)