Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 2013 Ipsy Bag

Hi everyone! I feel like it's been a while since I've posted anything on here! My work schedule has been kinda crazy and on days off my fiance and I typically have things to do so I've rarely had time to post. Sorry guys! Anyways, I received my Ipsy bag in the mail a few days ago, and I'm pretty excited for it! This month's theme was Beach Beauty.

The bag everything came in is so adorable! My favorite color is pink and I think this is so cute for travel or just to put a few things in your purse without having them get lost. I also love that we got some skincare goodies too!

The first product I received is the Coola Mineral Sunscreen with SPF 20. I've heard of the Coola brand before but have never tried anything of theirs. I'm a little hesitant to use this only because the SPF is a bit low for my liking. I usually go for at least SPF 30, but I typically use SPF 50. I do like that this is unscented so hopefully it won't irritate my skin.

The next product is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray. I'm excited to try this if I go to the beach at all this Summer, or if I go to a friend's house to go swimming. My hair tends to dry out from the chlorine in pools and with this having argan oil in it, I'm hoping it helps with conditioning my hair. I'm definitely taking this with me on my honeymoon too.

Second skincare goody! I get so excited when I can try out new skincare products. This is the derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub. I've never tried any products from this brand before but this looks promising as it's supposed to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars. I love how this smells too! Kinda like a minty lemon, which is awesome to me and perfect for Summer.

Next up is the POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in the color Coral Crush. This is just another one of those twist up lip crayons everyone's raving about. I've tried the Covergirl ones but not this one. I think this is a UK brand but apparently you can find it at Ulta. I've never seen this brand at my Ulta, but then again I've never really looked for it. 


The swatch of this came out nicely pigmented and it felt nice on my skin. It seems to be pretty moisturizing. I'm not the hugest fan of corals, but this color looks more pink on my skin, which I'm totally fine with. If it's an orange-y coral, I'd probably not use it.


The last product I received is the BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sample. I was actually really excited to get this because I have quite a few BH eyeshadow palettes and I love the quality of them. Their prices are also really good and there are always sales going on the website. I love the colors in this little palette, but wasn't impressed with the swatches...


These barely show up on my skin! Granted, I didn't use a primer underneath these, but still, the other palettes BH has are amazing! I was super disappointed in the purple shade because it looks so dark in the palette. The yellow was the most pigmented and the bronze color is alright, but I'll have to try these on my eyes with a primer to see how they really look. I probably won't get the California palettes. I'll stick with the 88 and 120 color palettes, since those have never disappointed me.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this bag! I'm really happy to have finally gotten some skincare and I can't wait to try out everything. Ipsy has come such a long way since I've been with them, and I feel it's a good investment for only $10 a month, especially since I've gotten to try products from brands I've never tired before. If you've never tried Ipsy and want to, I'd love it if you used my referral link to sign up! Thanks for reading!

What did you get in your Ipsy bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)