Monday, May 16, 2016

May 2016 Ipsy Bag: Destination Chic

Hey guys! It's time again for another post on what I got in this month's Ipsy bag. The theme this month is called Destination Chic, which makes it sound like the products are good for travel. 

The bag everything comes in is cute with the print of all different parts of the world, but it's a very cheap vinyl feel. The snap closure is a nice change from the zippered bags they usually provide. 

The first product I got is from Pacifica, and it's their Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow Trio, and it comes with the shades Skinny Dip, Crush and Lovely. I have yet to swatch these shadows, but if they're like other Pacifica shadows I've tried in the past, then I won't really care for them. The shades themselves are very pretty though, but very Fall-like. 

Next up is the Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask. This is a brand I've seen at Ulta and have been curious about for a while, but never had the chance to try. You all know my love for face masks, so I was thrilled to have received this. It's been a whie since Ipsy has sent a face mask in my bag! There are a few ingredients in this that I need to research, because I'm staying away from certain ones right now, but if this gets the go-ahead to use, then I'll be using it!

I can't tell you how excited I was when I finally stopped receiving nail polishes in my Ipsy bags. I'd purposely give them bad reviews, and specifically have stated that I do not want nail polish. Well imagine my surprise when I saw I would be getting the Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in the shade Old School Pink. I can't say I hate the color, because I love hot pink, but I'm very disappointed in getting this when I know it's just going to sit around and collect dust. 

You all know how much I'm obsessed with lip balms. I was ecstatic to see that I would be receiving the Hanalei Lip Treatment, even though I have never heard of the brand, until I looked at the ingredients. The very first ingredient is Lanolin. If you saw my most recent empties post, you know I got rid of the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask due to an allergic reaction to the Lanolin in the product. I don't know now whether I should try this and see what it does to me, or just give it away to a friend. Either way, I'm sad I most likely will not be able to use this.

The last product I received is the Smashbox X-Rated Mascara. I feel like this is a newer mascara for the brand, but I've never tried it. To be honest, I have so many small samples, as well as full sized mascaras to use up, that I probably won't be using this for quite a while. Mascara is one of my favorite makeup products to use, so I'm sure it'll get used eventually. 

That's everything I got in this month's bag, and unfortunately, I've also decided that this will be my last Ipsy bag. I haven't been blown away by an Ipsy bag in a very long time, and with all the different products I have in my stash, it just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. I loved my time with Ipsy, and I might even go back in the future, but I feel that now is a good time to cancel. Sorry to all of you who enjoyed reading my Ipsy posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)