Thursday, January 21, 2016

Makeup Declutter: Lip Glosses & Lipsticks

Hey guys! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned on here that I've been in decluttering mode lately. For whatever reason, I've been really in this mindset that I need to start throwing out stuff my husband and I don't need or use anymore. I've already made a massive dent with alot of our stuff and I just put 6 trash bags worth together to donate. I've gone through more than 10 trash bags of junk that I've thrown away. I also have gone through my makeup and gave away alot to friends and family. However, I seemed to have skipped going through my lip products. I was going through my lip drawer and could barely open or shut it, so I decided that now is the time to clean out and throw away!

This was my entire collection of lip products, minus the few that are in my purse. I knew I wasn't going to get rid of those, so I didn't bother adding them to the pile. In total, there is a whopping 239 lip products here! Some of it is so old, I can't even remember when I bought it. Now, I didn't include lip balms because I know I'll use up what I have and if anything goes bad, I immediately throw it out. I don't know why or how I've accumulated so many glosses and lip sticks, but it's pretty ridiculous. I told myself if I could narrow it down to getting rid of at least a quarter of my collection, I'd be happy. If I did that math, I'd have to get rid of at least 60 products. That seemed doable enough, because lets be honest, there is no way I'd be able to use all this up even if I used a different one every single day. So I went on my decluttering mission, and this was the end result......

The pile on the left is what I'm getting rid of, and the pile on the right is what I'm keeping. I ended up throwing out 75 products! I'm happy with that honestly, and in another few months, I'll probably do this all over again because I really don't think I need 164 lip products, but this is a start! 

I'm sure I may have missed a few lip products because I tend to leave them all over my house, and I end up finding them in weird places. I guess my point in making this post is to say that you really don't need so much stuff cluttering your life. While I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to have beauty products sent to me to try out and review for you guys, it can be a little overwhelming at times. I've made it my mission in 2016 to just get rid of junk that I no longer care about. My husband and I would like to move at the end of our lease in June, and I'm trying to get a head start in throwing stuff out, donating alot, or giving away to friends and family so I don't have to lug it to a new place. 

I have to say, it feels pretty amazing throwing out stuff. I hate cleaning with a passion, but it's like something in my brain clicked, and I realized I don't need all this junk surrounding me. So, slowly but surely I'm going through every single thing in my house, and deciding whether I'm keeping it, throwing it away, donating it, or giving it to family and friends. So far, so good!

What are your thoughts on decluttering?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)