Here it is all you One Direction fans! I was one of the lucky people who got to try out a set from One Direction's new makeup collection called "The Looks Collection. I received the set called Take Me Home, but there are two more called Midnight Memories and Up All Night.
The collection will be sold worldwide starting with the US. International dates are still to be determined. Here are the US release dates:
- Macys: August 11th
- Stage Stores: August 25th
- Dillards: August 25th
- Beauty Brands: August 25th
- Lord & Taylor: August 25th
This kit comes with:
- Liquilights Glow Gloss in the color Kiss You. This gloss is an orange glitter rush lip gloss that glows to neon yellow under UV light. I have yet to try this out in the dark to prove that. Honestly, I don't mind the gloss. It feels nice going onto the lips and it's not sticky. However, I do feel the chunks of glitter on my lips and that can be a bit off putting.
- 4+1 Eye Shadow Palette in nude shades called:
Back For You- velvet creme shade that's great as a highlight shade
Change My Mind- peachy shimmer which I used on the lids
C'mon C'mon- soft taupe used in the crease
Little Things- smoky brown darkened the outer corners
Take Me Home- golden glitter creme used as a top coat for everything. This actually isn't that great to be honest. Doesn't how up on the lid too well, you can tell I have glitter on my eyes though
- Last First Kiss which is a nude-pink sheer lipstick. This is a color I kinda like. When I first opened it though, then entire bullet fell out of the tube and onto my bed, so now I have pink lipstick stains on my sheets.
- Little Black Dress volumizing mascara. This is just a typical mascara with a plain wand. It's basically a continuous spiral that doesn't do much for my lashes
- Live While We're Young multi-dimentional gold glitter nail polish. Have not tried this yet. Not really a fan of glitter polishes/top coats
- I Wish which is a warm chocolate brown eye and body crayon. This is alright. The color is nice, but doesn't last at all.
- Also comes with a 5 piece decorator stencil set. I won't use these.
Onto the look I came up with:
The eyeshadows were not bad at first. They felt nice going on, they were easy to blend and looked pretty decent. However, throughout the day I noticed it fading away even though I had used an eyeshadow primer. I really liked the brown liner too. It's creamy and doesn't tug at the lids. That was pretty much the first thing to disappear on my eyes though. The mascara is alright. It definitely gives a natural look which I do like, but it's nothing too special. Now the lipstick I liked. It's definitely sheer like the name says but the color is pretty. The gloss I can do without. The orange color is strange to me, but over the lipstick it doesn't look terrible.
|Swatches of eyeshadow palette|
|Swatches of lipstick, lip gloss, and eyeliner|
For more information on this makeup line, go to One Direction's Facebook page!
What do you think of this collection?