Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Bag

Hey guys! So I know I usually post my empties after my favorites, but I got my Ipsy bag in the mail yesterday and (spoiler alert) I'm not so happy with it. Lets get into it.

 The theme this month was called Beauty Rocks, which is up my alley since I'm a rocker girl and I love makeup. The bag is cute with a vinyl/nylon feel and a record print on the front. 

The first product I got is the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Pencil in the color Black Velvet. You probably already know I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay products and their liner Perversion is my favorite black eyeliner ever. Black Velvet has that same texture, but Perversion is more pigmented to me, so I prefer that. Not complaining about this though, you can never have enough black eyeliner!

Next up we have the Demeter Jasmine Perfume Oil in a roll on form. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate perfume and I never wear it. This stuff smells too flowery and old lady like, so this is a big disappointment. 

Then we have the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Apple Pink. First off, it looks like there is hardly any product in the container. I remember I got one of their eyeliners in a previous Ipsy bag, and there was alot of product inside. I don't know what happened with this one. The color is pretty though, so I'll give it a try and see if I like it. 

The next product is the only one I'm half excited for and it's the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. I'm a skincare junkie and hear a ton of good things about this brand. I believe I have some other samples from Dr. Brandt laying around that I should probably put to use. 

Lastly, we have the Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes The Shadow in the color Champagne. I would've been excited for this since I've been wanting a nice champagne eyeshadow to use but...

 ...This happened! I couldn't believe it. In my whole time with Ipsy, I've gotten lucky with the fact that I've never had anything explode or break on me before. I immediately contacted Ipsy Care and let them know about it. I'm curious to see if I get a replacement of this or a different product. I may still try and see if I can make this work anyways. I just gotta be careful with how I store it. 

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed with this bag. They're usually pretty good and when I get a bag I don't really like, next month is typically better. I have good hopes for next month, otherwise I may consider cancelling :(

Sign up for Ipsy here to get your own bag in the mail!

If you're already subscribed, what did you get in your bag?

Also, don't forget about my blog sale!

4 comments:

  1. I got most of the same products, with the exception of a mousse instead of the perfume and different shadow. I wasn't thrilled by the tinted lip balm either but the color is nice.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall, I don't think any of the products they gave out were that good :/

      Delete
  2. What a shame! Isn't it disappointing when something doesn't live up to expectaions. That eyeshadow could have been gorgeous too. I hope there was something in your Ipsy bag that you loved. Jasmine perfume sounds glorious from my point of view, but perhaps that's coz I'm old ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's just not a scent that I like :)

      I sent a message to Ipsy, I should be getting a replacement eyeshadow soon!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)