It's that time of year again when we try to make resolutions and plan to stick with it. I make some resolutions every year but never follow through or stick with them. This new year will be different. I'm determined to make 2013 a better year even though nothing terribly dramatic happened this year. The biggest thing that happened is I moved out of my parents house on July 1st, and moved into my own apartment with my fiance. I have to admit, it's a struggle sometimes to make rent and try to budget for monthly bills, but we've done it so far!
Anyways, onto my resolutions for the upcoming year!
1. The biggest resolution for me is only buying what I need and not what I want. There will be times where I want to buy something for myself just because, but I want to cut those down quite a bit.
2. The next big thing is I'm putting myself on a spending ban for 3 months starting January 1st. Of course I'll have to buy food and things for everyday living, but this is primarily a spending ban on anything beauty related. That means I won't be buying any makeup, skincare, body care or hair care until April 1st. That definitely seems so far away but I've already lived in my apartment for almost 6 months! Where does the time go?! I'm pretty sure I have plenty of stuff to last me for 3 months so I think I'll be good. It'll just help me make more room for more things! :D
3. My next resolution might be kinda tough, and that's to eat more healthy foods. Once I moved out and started to do my own grocery shopping, I couldn't believe how expensive food is! I already try to buy healthy foods, but going on a quick grocery trip to stock up on essentials costs about $50, so buying healthy snacks and dinner stuff gets put on the backburner. It also doesn't help that I have a fiance who can eat everything under the sun and likes to drink an entire gallon of milk in 2 days! It's just nuts. I'm trying to clip coupons and keep a look out for really good sales and whatnot and I'm definitely going to continue that throughout the new year.
4. My fourth resolution is to grow my blog! I want to improve on my writing and the content I provide you guys. You won't be seeing many haul posts (hopefully) and I hope to do more reviews.
5. My last resolution for the year is to just be happy! I constantly stress over little things and get sad over everything and it doesn't help me. I hate to say that money is the cause of my stress, but in all honesty, more money would help out alot. I work in retail making basically minimum wage and my fiance works in construction, which of course means he has little work in the winter. That's a big cause of my stress and I'm going to try and make the best of things and be positive in the new year. I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge so I can't be complaining too much. Things will only go up from here!
I'm adding this picture to this post because I love the shirt I'm wearing. My shirt says, "Note to self: Today is going to be AWESOME!" I'm going to try and use this as my mantra and see if it helps :)
What resolutions do you have for 2013?