Hey everyone! So last night something really cool happened. The lovely Nikki from Heaven Has Cupcakes, nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! This is my first award, and Nikki has a wonderful blog and she's so beautiful, so definitely check her out!
For those of you who don't know what the Liebster Blog Award is, its basically a nomination from someone who loves your blog and wants to show it some love. The blogs that can be nominated for this award are seen as being the up-and-coming blogs and they must have less than 200 subscribers.
As a nominated blogger, there are some rules I have to follow:
- Reveal 11 random things about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the person who nominated me has set
- Create 11 new questions for my nominees
- Tag 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and let them know they've been nominated. No tag backs either!
So here are the random facts about me!
1. My absolute favorite color of all time is pink. I don't care what shade of pink it is, but I do love the bright hot pinks the most!
2. I'm engaged to the most wonderful guy I can imagine and his name is David. He's just the best :)
3. I work in a major retail store and I'm so OCD about folding clothes and making sure my department looks nice or else I feel like I didn't accomplish anything
4. I have two miniature Dachshunds, Emma and Molly, who live with my parents and they're the cutest dogs ever, especially Emma. She's my baby
5. I have a strong aversion to chapped lips so I'm constantly putting on lip balm
6. I'm such a messy person, if you came into my house you'd just see piles of paper and lots of unorganized stuff everywhere. I'm trying to fix this though.
7. I love pajamas. Once I get home from work, the first thing I do is change into pajamas. Even on days off, I stay in my pajamas all day, unless I'm going somewhere of course
8. I absolutely hated makeup when I was a teenager. I liked lip gloss sometimes, but I couldn't stand other makeup, now I'm basically obsessed
9. Folding clean laundry is surprisingly very relaxing for me
10. I have a stuffed bear I call Bear-Bear. I've had him since I was 1 day old, so he's an old, but very loved bear
11. I love to cook! My dad's a chef so he taught me how to cook from a very young age and I get told alot that I can cook very well
Here are my answers to Nikki's questions
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging because I love to write, but don't want to write a book, and I love anything that has to do with skincare and makeup so I thought this was a good way to talk about what I love.
2. Do you have a vlog channel? If not, would you ever consider vlogging?
I don't have a vlog channel, but yes I would consider vlogging! I'm pretty shy so once I get over my shyness and have access to means of being able to vlog, I'll definitely start my own channel :)
3. What is your absolute favorite beauty product?
This is kinda hard, but I gotta say any eyeshadow. I love to play with my eyes the most and I feel that doing my eyes up brightens up my face and makes me look more awake
4. What is your favorite store to visit when shopping for beauty products?
Definitely Sephora! The only Sephora near me is inside JC Penny but I love going to Sephora stores more because they have a better variety to choose from
5. What is your favorite clothing store?
Goodness, I haven't really shopped for clothes in a while but I really seem to like Charlotte Russe. They have very cute tops and their long maxi dresses are very comfy.
6. Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Still here and probably won't ever live too far from home either
7. What has been your favorite purchase in the last month? (Not just beauty or fashion - anything!)
This is so hard, but it's gotta be the Hot Buttered Rum candle from Bath & Body Works. It just smells heavenly and I went the other day to pick up another one because there was a sale
8. Where do you do most of your blogging? (Your bedroom, your dining room, a coffee house?)
I do most blogging on my couch in my living room. Sometimes I'll do it in my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy but I'm in my living room 95% of the time
9. What's a current beauty or fashion trend that you wish would go away?
Honestly, I'm over the really dark red, burgundy, oxblood lips. Ugh, Cant stand it. I love those colors for nail polish, but on the lips, I personally feel it's just too much
10. Who is your inspiration?
Honestly, this is such a hard question because no one really inspired me to get into blogging, but I have tons of support with this from my fiance, parents and a few of my co-workers as well. So, I guess they really inspire me to keep doing what I love
11. If you could be a celebrity for a day, who would you choose and why?
Another hard one. I'm not too fond of celebrities because I think they're all pretty annoying but it might be interesting to see what it would be like to be Kim Kardashian and how she lives her glamorous life. It may not be as glamorous as we all think.
Well there you have it! I want to thank Nikki again for nominating me for this. I'm completely shocked and flattered and I hope everyone checks out her blog because it's awesome!
Talk to everyone later! :)