Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Why I've Been MIA Lately

Hey guys! I'm sure you've realized that I've been a little quiet here on the blog. I've only been doing blog posts lately that have a deadline and not really doing reviews and such. I hope to get back in the swing of things soon, but I wanted to let you all know what's been happening in my life lately. 

If you're a regular reader here, you know that the past year has been a bit rough on me and my husband. We went through a miscarriage last July/August, I ended up in the hospital last October with what turned out to be a pulmonary embolism and was put on blood thinners, and my husband had his fair share of health issues as well. It was pretty safe to say that 2015 was not our year. 

So fast forward to the beginning of April. I wasn't feeling too good, but hadn't for the past 6 months while I was on blood thinners, but didn't really think anything of it at first. Something in my head was just telling me that things were off....








.... And this is what happened! Turns out I was pregnant, and didn't really have any inkling other than feeling off and eating a bit more than normal. As time went on, the 24/7 nausea started and I just felt completely hungover for about 2 months straight, and have even lost weight rather than gain. It was pretty crappy, but because of my previous miscarriage, I did welcome it, as weird as that sounds. As of today, June 21st, I am just over 13 weeks along, and I'm due on December 24th. Yep, Christmas Eve! I can't really believe it honestly, but I guess it shouldn't be that much of a surprise because my husband and I weren't actively trying, but we weren't really careful either. 

Things seem to be going incredibly well so far, and I'm much further along this time than I was when I lost my pregnancy last year. Even dates of when we have appointments and whatnot mean something to my husband and I. The ultrasound picture above is from when I had my NT scan on June 16th, and that's our anniversary of how long we've been together. We find out the gender August 4th, which is 2 days before my husband's birthday. My birthday is December 8th, and we're due Christmas Eve. It all seems to be coming together, and I just have to remember that our little angel baby is watching over all 3 of us, making sure that everything is okay. 

Now that I'm almost in the 2nd trimester, I've been feeling so much better. I'm not nearly as nauseous as I have been and I can eat without getting sick. I think that's why I was losing weight, because I could hardly eat or drink anything. Like I said above I really want to get back in the swing of things here with product reviews and such, but I have put myself on a spending ban for pretty much the rest of the year. Crazy, I know, but babies are expensive so my priorities are going through a shift. I have been eyeing a few products that have come out recently, but I don't NEED them, so they can wait. I want to start up my YouTube channel again as well, but I'm no makeup artist, so I won't be doing tutorials. We'll see how things go!

To everyone reading this, if you could send over a little prayer or positive thought that things keep going well for us, my husband and I would appreciate it immensely. Going through a loss changes you, and I have my moments that something might still happen. I won't be out of the woods until I have a happy, healthy, screaming child to hold. 

Thank you to everyone who has stuck around! The last couple months have been rough on me, but I'm getting back in the game shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)