Thursday, April 30, 2015

Review: Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No.7 Plush Eyeshadow in The Lover

Hello everyone! Since all my Sephora VIB sale hauls are done, it's time to start reviewing some products. I'm going to be reviewing the Marc Jacobs Eyeshadow palette in The Lover today. I'm excited to review this as it's my first ever Marc Jacobs product I've tried!

Marc Jacobs has these 7 shade palettes, and also 3 shade trios. I chose the big gun because, why not? I got 15% off, so I treated myself. You get the palette in this simple, but nice cardboard box. What's inside is pretty cool though...


Once you open the box, you have the palette inside this sleek, black fabric case with a snap closure. I felt so darn fancy opening this little guy up! 


I absolutely love the slim, compact design of this palette. It seems like it would be great for travel, as it's small enough but has great everyday shades. The palette has a little button you push to open it up, and it snaps closed very tightly, which I can definitely appreciate. It also has a nice little mirror inside that covers the whole lid of the palette.

These are the amazing colors! Seriously, this palette is right up my alley. The colors are described from left to right as, a matte baby pink, sandy pink shimmer, light caramel sheen, matte apricot-rose, copper rose shimmer, seashell pink sheen, and matte cappuccino. You can see the theme here basically being a rosy pink palette. I absolutely adore these colors and the quality isn't terrible either. 


I feel like the swatches came out true to the color in the pan and they also perform well on the eye. I always use a primer because I do have oily eyelids, and these shadows last through the whole work day for me. These 7 color palettes cost $59 and for the amount of pigmentation the shades have, I do feel that's quite expensive. I like the quality of the shadows, but they're not super pigmented like Urban Decay is, and I'm alright with that. The colors here are just so pretty and soft, which makes it a great everyday palette in my opinion. I am tempted to try out another Marc Jacobs palette that has a bit more color to it, but that's gonna have to wait. 

Overall, I am impressed but I kinda wish the price was a tad bit lower. Oh well, I guess it's the price you pay considering the name of the brand.

Have you tried any of Marc Jacobs' palettes before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments! I'll reply back as soon as I can :)